cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MuddyShoulder
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Youview catch up buffering

Hello, I know this has been mentioned a few times, but I haven't seen a resolution as of yet. As the title states; the catch-up on our Youview box randomly buffers - it happens despite trying a new box, power line adapters and renewing the sockets in the house. The BB speeds are great at +30meg download and +8 upload. We only have Youview and our smartphones in the house, so overuse isn't a problem. Does anybody have any suggestions? I've tried finding contact details to report a Youview fault, but no luck! Cheers
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
jam2000
Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Youview catch up buffering

It could be because your using the adapters which may be causing issues. Try connecting via a cable directly to the router.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

There was probably some software with your powerline adapters that will tell you the connection speed between the devices. Whilst this is not a true indication of transfer rates it might show that there is an issue.

Also try a speedtest when you experience the buffering as it's not unknown for fibre networks to suffer , sometimes severe, congestion at peak times.

0 Ratings
MuddyShoulder
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Hello, I appreciate that, but the adapters I'm currently using have been confirmed to be working ones (borrowed from a friend that hasn't had any issues). Ideally I need to use a cable, but the router is in a totally different room. Does anybody know if there's anyway BT can monitor the line while streaming content to observe any drops? Thanks 🙂
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 5 of 8

They may work for someone else however it all depends on the wiring in your house.
0 Ratings
MuddyShoulder
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Hi Tim, I have done - everything is OK at the time of the buffer.
0 Ratings
MuddyShoulder
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Hi Jam, I have the drop-wire coming into the house and directly into the main NTE5 - the single extension we have has been disconnected and we've tested the catch-up service like this, and are still getting buffering issues. I'll maybe have to try plugging directly into router via a long Ethernet, but it's not really a resolution, just a workaround.
0 Ratings
MuddyShoulder
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I've just managed to contact BT regarding the fault via live chat - took me through the usual steps, despite me stating what I'd done. We're waiting on a phone call tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm going to order a long Ethernet cable to plug directly into the HH and take it from there.
0 Ratings