cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gspearson
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Youview freezing iPlayer after 28.60 update

I have a BT and a retail Youview box - the retail one was updated to the very latest software while  I was on holiday in June. Now it regularly freezes when watching iPlayer: video and sound stops but subtitles continue - it has not lost internet connection.  I have to restart the programme.

Anyone else had this - and will this feature also be available when the BT box updates?  It provides a useful way of giving up on a boring programme.

(Moved here as the debate in the main update conversation has got out of hand).

Geoff

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview freezing iPlayer after 28.60 update

First  can you clarify the retail box and software version that you have the BBC Iplayer issue with.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions

The most likely software version number for Humax retail boxes at present is 28.26.0

As that retail software has been deployed on retail boxes for over a month if there were a general problem with BBC Iplayer I would have expected it to have been raised on Youview's own community forum.

Is this Iplayer issue the only problem you have with the retail box .. do other players work reliably ?

Checking for player updates  Youview >Settings>Information & Reset>Software Information>Update Players & Apps is advisable.

It would be worth checking which version of BBC Iplayer you are running.

(Start Iplayer then Settings >Settings &Help> Help>System Information) will give the version number.

Also Iplayer does give you the option to be running the Iplayer BETA version instead of the standard version.

You may also get further advice from Youview community. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
siteguru
Expert
Message 3 of 4

As this is only happening with the retail box, then ...

1. The box is going faulty (it happens)
2. The firmware update hasn't applied properly (try a reset?)

You're unlikely to get an equivocal answer on the BT forum ... try the Youview forum?

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@siteguru I did all the things suggested, factory reset keeping recordings, which then meant all my hidden channels returned (that can't be got rid of) and then iPlayer asked me to sign in on my tablet of phone - gave me a code to to put in the ipad and then iPlayer was good to go. Except... then I had all the iPlayer menus but no channels.  Downdoctor said a lot of people had that last night from 19.48.  If I went into Guide and slected a programme in the past then iPlayer would play but still no menus.  Advice seems to be to turn it all off and restart -so I went to bed.  This morning, my iPlayer page on my desktop machine shows a list of all the programmes I watched last night - why I would want this I don't know.

Geoff

0 Ratings