cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stanners
Message 1 of 4

Youview humax box on BT Vision. Faulty or plain useless box.

Received my humax box from BT on Monday. Set it up on the Tuesday, and it would not load past the nearly ready screen. phoned BT, they were next to useless! Told me to do a maintenance reset, so did a software reset, the box still froze on the nearly ready screen! 
Left the box on standby over night, and the next day it fired up, managed to do the set up and set the Eco mode to fast start up, we then had youview tv for one evening. Today I had to unplug it to tidy the wires & settle it into place, and its doing the nearly ready frozen sketch again. I need to switch it off at the back to get a response from it, and now it won't even start from standby (remote or front power power button fail to bring the box to life). So still no free view tv for me! 
This is really infuriating, a new system which I was looking forward to having is leaving a really bitter taste in my mouth! 
Is it getting sorted or am I going to have to return the box and warn of any friends from this system!

I have left the box on standby over night again, the orange light is on but the remote or buttons on the front don't wake it up, have to turn it off and on again to get a response from it, and it still gets frozen on the nearly ready screen.

I am now having to wait for an engineer to turn up next Thursday, a week and a half after I was expecting better tv! No doubt I will probably have to wait another week on top of that to return the box and receive a new one!

Is this a common problem? Do I Have a duff box? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Adrian007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview humax box on BT Vision. Faulty or plain useless box.

I had my YouView Box from BT for just one month when it failed with no access to either On Demand or BT Vision, everything else worked ok, i.e could watch TV channels and record them. BT decided that the box needed replacement so after one engineer no show (4/1) an engineer arrived arrived on Monday 14th January. Despite me explaining that all was well with Internet he insisted on checking everything and then after 30 minutes decided the box needed replacing. Connected up the new box and this did exactly what Stanners described so out came a second new box and that one works ok.

My analysis of this is that given there are fewer issues like the ones reported on the BT forums being reported on the Humax YouView forum I conclude that it may be the BT firmware overlay that is causing all the problems .

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

The firmware is the same as they bog standard humax boxes afaik so not sure how bt block the update and how you become affected if ever leave
0 Ratings
Adrian007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

The BT engineer told me that the BT supplied bones have different software.  

0 Ratings