Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neonplanet40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Youview internet channels not working

Hi,

We only recently got "upgraded" to the entertainment package which I didn't realise was internet channels. However they never work. Our infinity internet it fine, the youview box is directly connected to the home hub 4, and our iplayers etc work on the youview. BT customer service has been completely useless as usual, I just don't know what to do! Means BT sports doesn't work either.. I should have went with my gut and not renewed, but they offered this upgrade so thought why not.. No point if the upgrade might as well be non existant!!
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
EgreBot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Youview internet channels not working

When you say they aren't working, what error do you get when trying to access the Internet channels?
0 Ratings
neonplanet40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Hi, yes the error code is IPC 6023 Extra Channels Error

I have rang up BT before and they go through the whole resetting box, checking leads etc etc. I am not stupid when it comes to IT equipment in general but this error is really getting annoying.

It seems to be related solely to the Youview box. my internet is perfectly fine. A constant 80MB down and 20MB up BT Infinity 2.

Try again later and then it works okay again. Then randomly stops working again. The intermittance is the most annoying part. Thats what we get for joining BT who use the internet to deliver channels. . . .

0 Ratings
EgreBot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Interesting, when you say it's connected directly, is that with a direct Ethernet cable or using power line adapters?

Check out this article from youview https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-resolve-IPC-6023
0 Ratings
neonplanet40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Yes it is a direct ethernet cable from youview box to BT Homehub. Not powerline adapters. I have checked that article before.

All is fine on my end. (Or at least the things I have control off).

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

If you PM me your account number / phone number then I will get someone to do a healthcheck on your Broadband line and equipment for you.

Steve

neonplanet40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Hi Steve and thanks for your reply. 

I do not see any way of pming you? I ave clicked into your profile etc and there is no way of doing so there either?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

neonplanet40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Thank you, I have passed my details to him.

Mark

0 Ratings