cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Youview iplayer buffering

I have youview+ box.   When  using iplayer it buffers every 20 minutes or so.   Has anyone got any suggestions? 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Youview iplayer buffering

Hi @jennifer328 is it only with bbc iplayer?  Are all the other on demand players streaming ok?

0 Ratings
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

I haven't tried those, just bbc iplayer.
0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 4 of 12

Iplayer should play fine on both standard BB and fibre. Do you know how fast you're internet is? If I recall when using iplayer if you go to settings there is a quality option, if it's set to best try the other option. 

Is the tv box connected straight into the router using ethernet or do you use a homeplug set up?

0 Ratings
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Thanks for replies.    I have extenders,  and the setting is the middle of three.  Just ha a look today.   Will try other channels, but all takes time to watch.    Didn't used to have this problem before an upgrade a bit ago when it all changed.  

Seems to be alright on tv,  so wouldn't think a broadband issue, but still  ...........

Also have fast fibre optic bt connection.   But as you know it's only fast to the bt box down the road.   I check it though and download/uploads are fine. 

0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 6 of 12

It sounds like an issue with the extenders as fibre should play anything in HD. You might to need to just re pair the extenders again.

If you have a laptop you could try a speed test using ethernet straight into the hub, then remove the ethernet from the bt tv and plug into the laptop to see how much speed is coming out of that extender. 

0 Ratings
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I'm not sure what you mean.   What is ethernet straight into the hub?   But I haven;'t got time tonight.

In the meantime I'll try re-pairing the extenders.   You may have the answer there!   Hopefully.     Do extenders 'wear out' do you know?   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Zombie
Expert
Message 8 of 12

I don't know if they wear out I've not had mine that long.  Are the ones you use old? If you have taken out bt tv in the last 12 months you would of been offered these  https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-mini-connector-kit-087372-CMS2.html at checkout for £20, I believe bt allow exsisting bt tv customers to purchase them as well for £20. I use them and they work perfectly. 

An ethernet cable, what you use when not on wifi, your extenders have an ethernet cables, you will have one near the hub (router) plugged into a mains plug with the ethernet cable going from that straight into the hub, the other extender near the tv plugged into the mains and the ethernet cable going into the tv box. As the tv box has no built in wifi the extenders trick the box into thinking you are plugging straight into the router. 

If you wasn't using extenders or wifi and was running a ethernet cable from the hub to a tv box,  laptop or games console ect that would be described as "hardwired".

0 Ratings
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

You're very helpful.  I understand what you mean now.    Wll get back to this tomorrow.

0 Ratings
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

I've just had 4 and ITV playing and there was no buffering.   It's only happening with iplayer BBC.    Mad.

0 Ratings