cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halestone
Contributor
Message 1 of 30

Youview keeps losing broadband connection

My youview box keeps on losing its broadband connection. I have to to turn the box off every 1 or 2 days so that I can access bt on demand.

All other laptops etc still have the connection to the broadband ? I look at the setting and youview says it's disconnected but will not reconnect ??

Anyone else having these problems ? Is it youview / bt software or home hub problems ??

Any help would be great, as I'm starting to think I should of stayed with vision+ box
0 Ratings
29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30

Re: Youview keeps losing broadband connection

Hi Halestone,

Did you manage to get this sorted? I would need to run a few tests on your line before I could say for sure what the problem is. Send me in your details using the link found in the "About Me" section of my profile and I'll take a look.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
halestone
Contributor
Message 3 of 30

Hi Paddy,

I spoke wit BT last night and was informed that they knew of the problem, As numerous customers had told them they had the same problem They are looking to update the software in 2 weeks time.

Thanks for the reply if you still need information just let me know

Shaun
0 Ratings
JFH44
Beginner
Message 4 of 30

Had Youview box in April and worked fine at first, but over last couple of months repeatedly loses connection. Tried Youview and Bt support, unplugging and re-starting everything and only get a temporary solution. Very frustrated now. Has software solution been sent out yet as seems a well known problem (YVM 102 is at top of list of FAQs)? Also told my connection is too slow for BT Sport and new channels, but I am on Infinity and why did it work ok for 3 months.

Thinking about having a row with BT and getting rid of Youview and going down a different route (Sky, Pure Avalon, Smart tv). Customer of 25 years and getting fed up.

LEBlues
Contributor
Message 5 of 30

I also have to keep resetting the "connectivity" with the internet every couple of weeks or so. I am also nearing the end of my tether with BT and considering other options.

BBCiPlayer continually freezes via YouView box but..........when I watch it through my BluRay box it is fine. Both go through the same router. Given I am using this more than YouView box I don't really know why I am paying for a service that is pants.

0 Ratings
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 30

I did notice (in fact twice after I tried it again) that if you have the smartphone youview guide app and consequently a mobile device 'logged' with your youview box that you get this problem eventually, and the only way to fix it is to ditch the youview guide app and remove the mobile device (via device management menu) It cured the problem altogether both times. So I suggest if you are using the foregoing app or have a mobile device 'related' to your youview box for some other reason that you try the foregoing solution ... as required for either situation. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 7 of 30

Thanks - happens to me as well - sufing on two ipads which keep connection whilst youview says it is lost - hope the update solves it.....
0 Ratings
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 30

Also happens to us as well. Looking forward to hearing about the update.
0 Ratings
JFH44
Beginner
Message 9 of 30

Oh joy! With regard to my earlier message - got YV box working fine for about 2 weeks then it crashed watching 4OD. Did the all too familiar, reset box, linked Homeplugs, Switch everything off and back on etc...

Still no BT channels and "on demand" 10 days later.

Why am I paying extra for Infinity and one of the most unreliable pieces of technology I have ever had?

Really can't be bothered to spend an hour on phone to India and just get told there's nothing thet can do.

When my contract run out?

You have have this unreliable tat back.

LEBlues
Contributor
Message 10 of 30

Pretty much my experiences! Mine froze completely on Wednesday and after calls to "helpdesk" (surely an oxymoron) I am sat waiting for an engineer who is now late.
My contract is up in November and it won't be replaced unless there is a 100% turnaround within the next couple of hours.
0 Ratings