cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enfield250
Contributor
Message 21 of 30

Re: Youview keeps losing broadband connection

I have had a problem since software upgrade on 14th May.

I have tried to get BTSport and all I get is "channel unavailable"

Tried other internet channels with same responce.

BT survey is useless as it wants an on demand player name, it doesn't give the opportunity to put in exactly what the problem is.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 30

Hi, are you sure you are not affected by this issue in which case you need to do a software update.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/bt_tv_missing_channels_issue

0 Ratings
oxobox
Beginner
Message 23 of 30

Does anyone know if upgrade to new g4 box has resolved this problem, as I have to  reset my box daily

0 Ratings
oxobox
Beginner
Message 24 of 30

This has worked for me . In settings -network & internet changed wired connection from auto to manual just pressed next and accepted default settings given. No loss of connection since.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 30

I have also had the box lose internet connectivity completely from time to time, to be honest I couldn't be bothered to phone customer services and wait for hours getting nowhere. My fix was to pull the yellow tipped internet lead out of the box or hub (whichever is easier to get to) then put it back in give it 30 secs and try it again seems to work everytime. I know we shouldn't have to do this but better than phoning BT
0 Ratings
nickya79
Message 26 of 30

I am also a disappointed BT Infinity customer. My Youview Box keeps keeps getting frozen, showing "Nearly There", I then have to restart my YouView Box to retune all my channels only to find that it is disconnected from the broadband. I've had enough of calling BT, spending nearly 1 hour with BT Technical staff, get the problem resolved for a few days only to find myself in the same situation all over again: YouView not connect to the boradband and I can't even access my BT Sport channels. I mean why am I paying if I keep having all these issues? I have decided to call BT to find out when my contract is ending. I will definitely switch to another supplier, enough is enough!!!
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 30

Hi nickya79 and welcome.

Sorry you're having problems. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Drop me an email with your details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
yan101
Contributor
Message 28 of 30

I had this on my old box. Switched to the g4 and its been fine since. Although i did wipe my box and give it to my dad and it seems to work fine now at his house.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

I've got the same problem. we keep trying to reboot by switching on and off but response and efficancy is extremely poor. It is spoiling our satisfaction in BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 30 of 30

Brilliant post!! . Exactly the same problem and also don't want to spend hours on end at the end of some automaton phone service - how can we fix this?
0 Ratings