cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seamaster
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 30

Re: Youview keeps losing broadband connection

Yep, happens to me at least once or twice a week.

0 Ratings
halestone
Contributor
Message 12 of 30

well I'm still waiting for something to be done, experiencing lots of disconnections lately. Not really sure if its ever going to get sorted 😞

A path to my router is getting worn into my wooden floor by all the times I have to walk over to it and remove and replace the LAN cable into its socket.

0 Ratings
JFH44
Beginner
Message 13 of 30

Just got my box connected to internet again after losing connection for 3rd time in a fortnight. Here's a list of aggro with box:

- loses connection via Homeplug approx once a week

- box crashes every time we attempt to load 4OD

- getting recently reported black screen when I turn box on. This can lead to lack of response or very slow response to remote

Oh joy! Anybody got any ideas. I really don't want to phone India or have to do a factory reset, as what's the point of having a recorder if you lose all your recordings.

0 Ratings
JFH44
Beginner
Message 14 of 30

With ref to my post of yesterday - connection lasted 1 hour!

Does anybody see a pattern with the majority of posts on here? Lost connection, channels not working, reset box...

0 Ratings
JFH44
Beginner
Message 15 of 30

Now getting dropping out of sound after a few minutes or when I change channel. Are these faults common or is this a duff box? Come on moderators, one of you must have an idea.

0 Ratings
TrishC36
Beginner
Message 16 of 30

My connection was fine until I got a laptop and as soon as I used it when the TV was on it disonnected. I went through resetting the YouView losing all my recordings in the process, it reconnected.

I can have the TV and desktop on but if I use my laptop it disconnects. So now I know. I don't have any mobile devices linked to the TV but it obviously objects in this way. 

0 Ratings
halestone
Contributor
Message 17 of 30

I put the initial message regarding this problem up 30 Jul and I'm still getting loss of connection problems when other devices connected via LAN or wifi are fine

The impression seems to be that BT aren't doing anything seeing as there have been some updates since it's been brought up.

It does seen strange that it only drops for me when I'm not watching anything via the internet.

When it does drop it's not reconnecting so does the software need changing so that it does a reset every time it drops ?????
0 Ratings
bilco99
Contributor
Message 18 of 30

Re: YouView keeps losing broadband connection

Actually the only time this has happened to me is when I've manually deleted the device from my BT Home Hub 4 (under Advanced Setting/Home Network/Devices.  I didn't mean to delete the YouView box, but was clearing down the list of some other devices that hadn't connected for quite a while.  The YouView box has a wired connection to the Home Hub.

However, all I had to do was a full reboot of the YouView box (long press of the front button) for it to reconnect - a normal (eco) reboot wasn't enough for the box to re-establish it's connection.

Funnily enough though if I simply reboot the Home Hub the YouView box reconnects straight away.

So it looks like the YouView box sometimes has difficulty in reconnecting to a router under exceptional circumstances?

0 Ratings
Pricey72
Message 19 of 30

I had this problem a while back. BT replaced my router, still happened. Then replaced my youview box, still happens. Arghhhhh
0 Ratings
brianmcw1
Message 20 of 30

We hooked up to Infinity in March and have been impressed by the connection speeds for PCs & Macs on the network.

However we have also been having the same problem with the YV box losing connetion to network regularly.

Why is it that there are so many consumers out there with the same problem in this forum alone and no response or reply from BT technical staff.

It is obvious that they cannot fix the problem easily or else there would be a reply.

Resetting the box and/or router is not the answer!!!

Can someone (BT technical staff) please give a satisfactry response and indication of when there may be a solution.

0 Ratings