Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eccles32
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Youview remote - some buttons not working

Go to solution

I have an original Humax BT Youview box that has been playing up for some time (I turn it off and on before watching online channels to prevent buffering), but now the remote has some buttons that are not working.

I have tried the remote reset sequence but it is still the same. When I press some buttons the PVR light comes on and the box reacts, but with some buttons the PVR light does not light up, so I assume it is the remote that is at fault and not the box.

Will BT replace my handset? I am still paying the monthly amount for BT TV as I watch the rugby.

Any advice?

Regards,

Tony

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
jptykes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Youview remote - some buttons not working

Go to solution
Had this problem the other day. Turnef the box off at the wall for five minutes and it seemed to right itself.
0 Ratings
eccles32
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for your comment.

I have tried this several times, but as I have said the fault lies with the remote as the PVR light does not come on when I press a button. I have tried a friends remote that works ok and his PVR button lights up every button push.

Regards,

Tony

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Presumably you've tried new batteries first.

I had my remote replaced by BT for free when it displayed similar symptoms to yours so just give them a call.

Highlighted
eccles32
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Tim,

BT are sending me a new remote after speaking to them.

0 Ratings