cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TerryChilds
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Youview requires switching off and on to use

If the Youview box is left on and not used for a period of time ( it is difficult to predict how long), it looses its Youview status,the HDMI connection is highlighted on the TV but Youview does not work.

I have to turn it off and on using the remote control to initiate Youview.

Sometimes it looses its HDMI setting and reverts to the TV setting.

This requires use of the TV remote to change to HDMI.

The remote is programmed OK for the Sony Bravia TV.

This is not right.

My BT Vision worked OK, but the difference was using Scart not HDMI.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
willc01
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Youview requires switching off and on to use

im sure theres a setting for it to go into sleep mode if not used, ie it knows the tv is on or off

0 Ratings
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

If you go to youview/settings/device management you will see an option in the menu to set the time for auto standbye, its the short time option by default ........ you can change that to 12hrs I think.

The default selection of AV, HDMI, Scart etc on TV power up is normally controlled by settings in the TV menu and not a function of the BTYouview (or Vision) box. Unfortunately, how you do this differs between manufacturers but you need to trawl through your TV menus to sort that out .............. but rest assured it can be done ........ some however are a lot less flexible and only have the option of HDMI 1 as a selected power up ...... if that proves to be true in your case you may have to switch the cable to HDMI 1 too. 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

@TrickyDicky wrote:

If you go to youview/settings/device management you will see an option in the menu to set the time for auto standbye, its the short time option by default ........ you can change that to 12hrs I think.

The default selection of AV, HDMI, Scart etc on TV power up is normally controlled by settings in the TV menu and not a function of the BTYouview (or Vision) box. Unfortunately, how you do this differs between manufacturers but you need to trawl through your TV menus to sort that out .............. but rest assured it can be done ........ some however are a lot less flexible and only have the option of HDMI 1 as a selected power up ...... if that proves to be true in your case you may have to switch the cable to HDMI 1 too. 

The above is spot on.  Basically HDMI doesn't automatically switch on like SCART does / did.  Where it does happen, it's a feature of the model of TV so it's pot luck if it ever happens on yours.  Leaving an HDMI connected device on will not initiate an auto switch over on the TV

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
0 Ratings
TerryChilds
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I have switched Sony TV on the HDMI 1 to Always, but after a period of non usage the Youview box still has to be switched on and off to activate Youview.

the Youview settings are for 12 hours and ECO is low.

Also another problem is that Youview can not always keep up with remote control requests.

The screen goes blank and eventually might catch up.

Sometimes I have to turn off Youview with remote control as no response.

All in all not very satisfactory.

If engineer comes and fault not Youview ,BT are tthreatening that I am liable for a £99 bill.

HELP

0 Ratings