cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Youview return box issue

Hi,

I just recontracted tv and broadband with bt for another two years. As part of that recontract I was sent a bt tv pro box.

I have now been sent a request to return my older 4K youview box which I received in February 2019 or I will be charged £115.

As I understand these new rules to return equipment only came in on 31/12/2019, so legally I should be able to keep the old box.

Can a BT mod please confirm I am correct in my thinking?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Youview return box issue

Hi @billythekid1,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. 

If you take a look at How to return and recycle our BT equipment for free you find all the information about returning your equipment back to BT.

"We made some changes to our Terms & Conditions on 13 December 2019, meaning that BT Hubs and BT TV boxes are being loaned to you. So if you joined us or have renewed your contract on or after this date, you’ll be charged for not returning equipment to us."

It will depend on when you received your BT TV Box. If you send me your details, I can check your account to make sure the information being given is correct. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

The problem is that link say's that it is dependent on if you joined or re-contracted after the 13th December 2019, not if you joined or re-contracted and received new equipment after the 13th December 2019.

If it is dependent on when you received the equipment BT really should update that as the information is misleading and implies that equipment supplied before that date would still have to be returned if you re-contract.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi PaddyB,
Can you send me the details off the team I need to contact regarding this to please?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @dnewitt1 and thanks for posting.

I can help with this. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for sending over the details @dnewitt1 . We'll be in touch shortly to sort this out for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings