cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Robbo21
Message 1 of 4

Youview sonos sound

Hi I have an LG BV55 Oled TV linked to a youview box via HDMI 2 arc slot.  the TV is linked to a sonos playbase via optical cable. The sound settings on the TV are Audio out Optical/HDMI ARC PCM. The sound quality through the playbase is poor and the volume is moderate even as the remote is increased or the sonos app. Ive tried the supplying shop but they cant resolve awaiting sonos community reply, just wondered if it is a youview sound issue, ha anyone experience of the two combined or any ideas please.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview sonos sound

You could try upping the volume of the Youview box. The default is somewhere around 80% I think so if you up it to 100% it might make a difference.. To do this it's press and hold the AD button (bottom left) & then adjust the volume normally.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Robbo21 and welcome to the community.

Thanks for posting about the sound issues. From a youview standpoint @TimCurtis is spot on. Setting the youview sound to 100% should boost the output going to the the sonos playbase. You might get further help on the sonos community but please try that idea and let me know if it helps.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

@Robbo21 

There's something else to try as well.

In the YV box settings you change set the audio to Stereo or Surround. Stereo is the default setting with 80% default volume whereas Surround sets the volume to 100% anyway & may make a difference.