Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
harryzulu123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 28

Youview ultra HD box not connecting to smart hub via Ethernet

Go to solution
Hi, hope someone can help me before I pull all my hair out. I am now on my second BT smart hub and ultra hd youview box after not being able to connect to the internet via Ethernet cable, Wi-fi is fine and works on all devices but I am connected from smart hub to the youview box via Ethernet cable and the youview box keeps saying not connected to internet. Have tried the automatic and manual connection option but still not connecting, have reset the hub, switched on and off and a engineer has come out and confirmed the line is fine to the exchange. Is there anyone that can help or suggest anything? Many Thanks
0 Ratings
27 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: Youview ultra HD box not connecting to smart hub via Ethernet

Go to solution

How long is the Ethernet cable? Have you tried a different cable?

You may need a visit from one of the BT TV technicians to look at this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @harryzulu123

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having connecting your BT TV box to your Smart Hub. Have you tried a different cable that @Keith_Beddoe suggested?

If you have and you're still unable to connect send us over your details and we'll help you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
harryzulu123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution
Thanks for your reply Keith_Beddoe, yes I have tried the cable included with the youview box about 5m and also tried my own cable which is 1m and still same problem. I have another cable of half a meter which I will also try just to be sure....
0 Ratings
harryzulu123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution
Thanks for your prompt reply RobbieMac.
yes I have tried the cable included with the youview box about 5m and also tried my own cable which is 1m and still same problem. I have another cable of half a meter which I will also try just to be sure, if this still doesn’t work then I will send you my details so you can assist me further. Also I am using the Ethernet cable that came with the smart hub to connect to my smart tv and the connection is fine with smart tv connecting successfully to the internet so definitely points to the youview box which is the 2nd one BT have sent me. The Ethernet cables are cat 5 I think that came with the youview and my own are cat 6 if that matters Many Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @harryzulu123 Sorry this issue has not been resolved yet. The BTTV team are very busy at present and I will keep you updated on your case.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @harryzulu123 Thanks for taking my call earlier. As discussed hopefully the Qube engineer will get you set up and running. If not please ask if they can get the serial number and current software version is. This can be found at Settings > Device Information (for the serial number it is also available on the bottom of the box) and Settings > Software Information.

Post back after the visit and let me know how you get on and if it is not fixed was it possible to get this information.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
harryzulu123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution
Hi John, thanks for your message, unfortunately the engineer did not come today as planned apparently there was a technical glitch, the booking was made but the engineer never got the appointment. I have rebooked for this Thursday 29h afternoon for the engineer to come out again. So still back where I started not fixed with same issue. If you give me instructions I can try and get the serial number/software version myself from the box otherwise we can wait until Thursday until after the engineer hopefully comes. Thanks Craig
0 Ratings
harryzulu123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution
Hi JohnC2, my serial number (from bottom of box) is S/N +082529+1738000229
Model code : 91-00582
DTR-T4000/1TB/BT/DF/V3
Thanks
Craig
0 Ratings
harryzulu123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution
Hi JohnC2, sorry I missed your call this morning, unfortunately I don’t have an update from the Qube engineer because he didn’t come yesterday due to a technical glitch in the booking system. The engineer is re-booked to come tomorrow afternoon Thursday 29th so can give you an update then. So the youview box is still not working and still cannot connect to the internet.
Thanks Craig
0 Ratings