cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Youview versus BT Vision

I currently have BTvision (silver box - non subscription). I recently upraded to Infinity unlimited and my exchange has just been multicast enabled.

I am due to recontract at the end of May and am considering either a subscrition to Youview (£5.00 per month) or possiblt a new subscription to BT vision (Essential Extra for £7.00 per month).

I have seen many negative comments about the latest BTVision software which makes me wary of going down that route so Youview may be the better option, I am not interested in Sports channels so that decision is not a consideration, I suppose what I would like an opinion on is how these two systems will develop in the future? Will Youview get extra channels in time or will all extras go to BTVision?

Primary consideration is access to HD freeview channels, and since muticast has been enabled that is now available on both platforms.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Youview versus BT Vision

The new streaming channels will be available on Youview in the summer. I personally think there will be many more exciting features out for YouView within the next year, but there is no evidence to back me up on this. I think YouView is great and don't regret taking it up, even with it's small issues.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Seems to me that Youview is is the most logical way forward for you.  The (Humax) Youview box  and the investment behind it's software/firmware would give me more confidence than that of the somewhat flaky performance of the new look vision plus box. 

Given that you are non subscription on BT Vision - I would have thought you could get a good offer if you opted for a Youview upgrade now.

0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

I went from black Vision box to YouView ~5 months ago and have absolutely no regrets!
0 Ratings
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the responses, looks like Youview is the way to go

0 Ratings
Ant2011
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

We have a BT Vision box with full subscription and are thinking of upgrading to YouView (assuming it's possible) mainly for it's ability to receive and record the Freeview HD channels.

Does the YouView box from BT have access to all the same on-demand content as the BT Vision box? TV, films, box office, HD etc?  If not, what's missing?

0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Yes everything that I got on vision box i get on YouView (as far as I know!)
0 Ratings
Ant2011
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear!

How does the BT on-demand functionality of YouView compare to BT Vision in terms of interface/useability?  We are still on the old version of the BT Vision software and are due to be upgraded to the new version in about a month.

0 Ratings