Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shought
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Youview vs Youview BT Vision

Hi there,

What is the difference between paying £5 a month for Youview and buying a YouView box myself for £239?

Apart from the price obviously... 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Youview vs Youview BT Vision

With the BT option you can access additional content through the BT Vision player. The £5 a month option gives you the 'essential' pack which is a limited selection of the £12.50 a month content with the non 'essential' content available on a pay per view basis. You also get tech support from BT with the box and the gear to connect the box to your home hub.
---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

If you buy your own box you can still subscribe to BTVision, and on a non contract basis I believe. However, I am not sure ifthe content is 100% the same ....... maybe someone can answer that latter bit.

I think you will also VERY SOON (if not already) get non contract access Sky Sports (from Sky) however I'm not sure if that will be available via the BTYouview box ........ maybe someone can answer that bit too!!!!

If having a BTYouview box can delay access to certain 'feeds' or remove choice from Youview then (imo) that opens a very interesting debate!!!! 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

@TrickyDicky wrote:

I think you will also VERY SOON (if not already) get non contract access Sky Sports (from Sky) however I'm not sure if that will be available via the BTYouview box ........ maybe someone can answer that bit too!!!!

I believe they now do the day pass via the Now TV player on YouView.  It's quite a lot of money for one day.

0 Ratings
Ant2011
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

If you already have a BT Vision box and full BT vision subscription, and you buy a YouView box elsewhere, can you access the BT Vision services on it?

0 Ratings
notoriousdbp
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

I believe you can, except the sports channels.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Now Tv on Youview doesn't currently broadcast live channels - so the expensive day pass for Sky Sports would notb e available,

0 Ratings
TrickyDicky
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Sky Sports on Now TV only requires an internet or 3G connection and consequently can be watched on PC, Mac, Ipad, iPhone, some Andriod devices or through a TV, for expamle with an Xbox 360 with an Xbox Gold Live subscription, & Roku. However, at present it remains unavailable via Youview set-top boxes.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings