cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farn75
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Youview works intermittently (no audio, purple screen or black screen)

I have had this you view box for a year I think. I have given up on it a few times. Decided to give it another try now that the champions league is back on. Basically my experience is most times I turn it on it will work for a few minutes before getting no sound, error screen or black or purple screens. If I persevere turning it off and on and switching tv off and on in different combinations it may work. Usually most of the match is over though by the time it works and sometimes it just doesn’t or I get frustrated and give up. I watched by sport of sky for years and never had anything like this. General feeling was with sky this is going to work 99.9% of the time. With BT I would say I feel like 90% of the time it is a struggle to work. 1 in 10 times it works fine and I wonder why. Support is no good as by the time I phone them and get through the error code is gone or it starts working. I can’t afford 45 minutes of messing and then 30 minutes of waiting in the phone.

Is it really only me having this problem. So many people seem to think it works well. I’ve seen the purple screen and audio issues some similar complaints online but not exactly like mine and support don’t seem to be aware of the problem.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Youview works intermittently (no audio, purple screen or black screen)

Have you tried factory resetting the box?
0 Ratings
Farn75
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

I’ve tried a few resets. What are the steps for a factory reset? I’ll give it a go.
0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

I think you have to go into the settings and there should be an option there to factory reset it.
0 Ratings
lizburgin66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

We have similar problems  in that we get no sound or intermittent sound, error code when first switching on so we have to switch off and on again and also a picture which is constantly breaking up. Similarly we never had these problems with sky and only recently switched to BT for the Champions League for my son - we don't watch anything else on the YouView Box as we use a freesat box on another tv for everything else. We only switched in September, we have tried all the fixes but nothing works. I posted on here last night and a moderator JohnC got in touch. Through him I have forwarded the issue to BT and am awaiting a call. I don't have the time or energy to spend long periods on the phone with them so really want a new box. When you read through the community posts there are lots of similar problems. Hope we both get this issue sorted. Incidentally we can get BT Sport fine on the app on our laptops/phones/tablets.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

Which model is it? The DTR1000 model is prone to PSU failures which can cause symptoms like this.
0 Ratings
Farn75
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Sounds like the same problem all right. If you hear a solution please let me know.

The service works fine on mobile and tablet for me too.

Support have tried to help but they just don’t seem to get it. I get frustrated calling them because I know it’s going to take at least 20 minutes and get nowhere. 30 minutes last night and the only suggestion was that I maybe had too many devices connected to Wi-fi (11). None of which were in use. Just connected. He suggested I go turn Wi-fi off on devices when I want to watch tv. Similar solutions have been suggested. None of which seem to make any sense. I know they are just trying to help and they don’t know the answer but meanwhile The service doesn’t work.
0 Ratings
Farn75
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I have no idea but will check when I get home. Thank you.
0 Ratings
lizburgin66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Yes I will let you know. I agree that it is so frustrating that it takes so long to deal with them on the phone. My model is the T2200

0 Ratings
Farn75
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

My model number is T2100.
0 Ratings