cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 21

Re: box can't connect to internet

If you have no Internet connection, then you will not be able to view any recordings made from the extra Internet channels, as a connection is needed to to be made to the server to check the licence status of the recordings. That would also explain the lack of thumbnails.

Does the network status show that you have an active Internet connection?

I assume that you can still access broadband from your computer?

It could be an issue with your account, so it may be best if one of the BT TV product experts assists with the fault.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Hi @martinw335,

I noticed in one of your earlier posts that you said you were going to call CS. Did you speak with the team? What did they say? Do you need our help?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
martinw335
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Hi Daniel I havent called customer services yet im gonna do it tonight after work an6 help is appeeciated though thank you
0 Ratings
martinw335
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

I have tried a software update and it came that I have the latest update so that should be ok, internet can be accessed through laptops etc via Wi-Fi and ethernet so that could be eliminated. I'll call bt when I get home to see if they can check any other avenues from their end
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Hopefully they will be able to help you @martinw335. If you have any problems it may be worth contacting us. I've made our contact link available to you. Complete that for me and one of the team will get back in touch with you. However; it may take us a couple of working days to get back to you.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 21

Looking at the thread to date I  suspect that the initial problem is not an account issue. As the previously recorded  programme  tiles are reported as all imageless .. ie the Freeview As well.

irrespective of the status of the BT TV account if the Youview box is connected to the broadband the box should be able to connect to Youview servers . The services that should function are the enhanced data that YouView supply and the ability to run the  non ISP specific. Youview Players and apps.

Useful Information  in no particular order would be. .  

The answer to Keith question on connection 

the first indication when switching your Youview box on after the power off that you have a problem .. normally YouView boxes do indicate a Problem and an error code, whilst that may not be on a screen or function that you actively use it does indicate where things might be going wrong.

Confirmation as to which YouView model it  is and which BT Home Hub or alternative router is being used.

Have any factory or maintenance resets been recently performed  on the Youview box ... ie anything that has involved going through a setup process ?

0 Ratings
martinw335
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 21

yvm104 is the code that comes up with the message guide preview unavailable on the menu bar at the bottom of the screen
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 21

Well it you have probably followed the steps that YouView advise for that error but in case there are any you haven’t tried their link is.

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/error-messages/fix-for-yvm104?q=yvm104

are you familiar with the maintenance mode options that are available to refresh software on your Youview box. ?

a maintenance mode reset could also be tried . as the internet connectivity to the box is suspect then a maintenance mode reset type 2 (Factory Reset keeping recordings) would be first choice.

0 Ratings
martinw335
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

not familiar with those but I can try that as it seems I have tried all their other options, i can only remember seeing the standard factory reset in the menu is there a button to hold or a separate menu for a type 2 reset?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 21

The bT support page

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48051/~/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box%3F

There are options available for a range of maintenance modes using the button on the box.

Do not at this stage unless your existing recordings are of no value to you  perform the factory reset from the box menu nor the maintenance menu options that involve deletion of recordings,

Personally I prefer the maintenance mode 4 which takes a fresh software build over the internet from Youview but as we cannot rely on you box successfully connecting  the maintenance mode 2 which refreshes your box software from a copy stored on your boxes is probably the best option to start with.

0 Ratings