cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobjob
Contributor
Message 11 of 14

Re: broadband connection

thanks hitman,its been 24 hours and still no call from bt,they promised to ring in 24 to 48 hours so will wait till thurs then and will ring again,hope im not another two and half hours on phone,have had to reset twice again since yesterday.will ask for a supervisor to speak to,im not going to be thrown from department to department like i was on tuesday.One of the numbers i was told to ring was a SKY installation team. think bt are trying to tell me something,hehe.yes it was the call centre from overseas.the sky people had a great laugh at my expense.hehe.
0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 14

@bobjob wrote:

Every two or three days i have to do a soft reset on my youview box.although my box says its connected to the broadband it isnt,the information button doesnt work,just a circle going around for ever,the on demand and players do not work,the box seems to lose its connection. once i do a soft reset its fine again for a couple of days.i am on a ethernet connection,i just wondered if anyone else has this annoying problem and if there's a fix. 

Hi bob if you dislike dealing with the overseas guys i always turn to BTCare on twitter it takes a little longer to get things sorted but they are normally very good and they are British.

0 Ratings
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 14

Another good way of getting a response is to use the complaint form ..lay it on tell them youre going to leave them ,tell them youre furious at the treatment your getting and will move to another supplier as soon as contract is up if not before if they keep breaking it ..............they will phone you within 24 hours and its normally a brit .....not against the indian people but sorry i cant understand a **bleep** word you say even with hearing aids turned up ..................

0 Ratings
bobjob
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

thanks for advice,i dont care what part of world the call centre is from but what i do care about is been thrown from piller to post,given wrong telephone numbers to ring,having to start all over again,after two and a half hours trying to sort out my problem i will admit my patience was wearing a little thin,i think its time bt did some in house training for youview because i firmly believe that a lot of there staff have never heard of youview.

0 Ratings