cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dames
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

bt tv youview

How do l get multiroom,can it work if I buy another youview box to put in my kitchen.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: bt tv youview

Here is the official blurb.

"You can get BT TV in a second room with TV Everywhere with Extra Box, so you and your family can watch and record different shows at the same time. Plus you can watch TV on the go with the BT TV mobile app, which gives you access to a selection of entertainment channels, kids channels and BT Sport.

Here's what you need if you want to get TV Everywhere with Extra Box:

• BT Infinity with speeds of 23Mbps or more
  • TV Essential or TV Entertainment
  • A subscription to TV Everywhere with Extra Box
  • You'll need a YouView box as your main set-top box. You can choose an extra YouView box (that doesn't record) with all our TV packages or a YouView+ (that records TV) with TV Essential and TV Entertainment.
  • A separate aerial connection for your second set-top box. (We can help if you need an aerial or extra connection points)
  • You'll need to download the BT TV app from the Apple app store or the Google Play store to watch BT TV on your mobile or tablet
  • Please note that Sky Movies and Sky Sports aren't available if you take TV Everywhere with Extra Box. Also, you won't be able to get TV Everywhere with Extra Box if you've got TV Starter"

If you just buy a second box yourself, you will only be able to consume BT services on 1 at a time but can use the other as a Freeview HD recorder.

Steve

dames
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Steve.
0 Ratings
irhut
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hello Steve

Thanks for this. I started a new topic asking a related question but this seems a better place to ask it.

I have ordered all new BT services which includes two youview + boxes. I will therefore be paying the extra £5 per month. If I purchase a 3rd box, one of the Mini Youview boxes, would I be able to get full access to all services on this box, such as BT sport or would I have to pay another monthly subscription. Or would I be able to get full services but on only 2 boxes at any one time?

I hope this makes sense!

Ian

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 5

Hi Ian,

The maximum number of boxes currently allowed is 2.

If you have a third you will get full services but on only 2 boxes at any one time and may find some unusual behaviour.

Steve

0 Ratings