cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyfenn
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

bt youview picture quality?

ok finally got my myouview box, thanks bt!

i do love the box and all its functions, but....

the picture through the youview box compared to the freeview hd on my tv is significantly duller! and maybe not as sharp! this isnt a little gripe, comparing the two is quite a difference, i noticed it straight away! the picture is a lot darker on youview! 

does anyone else notice this? can you alter the picture settings in the youview box ? as apposed to the tv settings which i think are correctly setup for everything else!  picture quality is really important to me, thats why i have a hd tv and a bluray player! !!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: bt youview picture quality?

A lot of TVs have different picture settings per input. My Samsungs certainly do, you might want to check that

0 Ratings
jimmyfenn
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

you are spot on sir, i do have different settings for the different inputs!   never knew that!

shame it doesnt work with volumne!  youview is a lot quieter, unless you know the magic answer to this aswell? 🙂

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

There is a seperate volume control for the YouView box. Push the PVR button on the remote and adjust it up, I think the default is about 80. I whacked mine up to 100

0 Ratings
jimmyfenn
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

bt should employ you 

thx again!

0 Ratings
jimmyfenn
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

actually my volume on the youview box is up to 100 already, and its still quite alot quieter than the tv!

the tv button just seems to disable my remote and thats it! pushing pvr to get it back. tv remote doesnt work except for volume when i press TV ? odd function

0 Ratings
JXHogan74
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

The worst thing, I find, about BOTH the YV and BTV boxes is that the volume is different on Live TV, iplayer and any non-iplayer non-live feeds......I'm always reaching for the remote as either I'm saying, "what?" or my ears are bleeding....there should be a volume stabiliser setting like most new TVs have....

0 Ratings