Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Niucla97
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

constantly resetting

Go to solution

i have had nothing but problems with BT TV especially catch up. Some days   cannot access catch up.  More often than not have to go into search . Some programmes on ITV catch up just have a  flickering single coloured screen but there is sound.  Then there are programmes that go back to the beginning after the first part!  For sometime now i have had to even go as far as going to factory reset. This is extremely annoying as then when I come to watch a programme on some channels I have to sign in again so miss part of the programme.  

Sunday  evening my granddaughter was watching the football and it kept displaying error YVM 104 so she missed part s of the football as we had to follow the error procedure going into settings, terms and conditions.

I keep contacting BT but get told the usual unplug thebox, go into settings etc.  surely this isn't the norm?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: constantly resetting

Go to solution

Hi @Niucla97 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry that you are experiencing a problem with your BTTV service.

You may have already checked out What do the BT TV error codes mean? for this error code but if not please do and follow the steps advised. 

May I ask when approximately when did you take up the BTTV service and when did this problem start.
Are you connected from the hub to the Youview box via Ethernet cable or are you using powerline adapters?

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Niucla97
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you for taking the time to contact me.  I first had Bt Tv around October/November 2017 purely for BT Sport (for my granddaughter.)  Always had trouble, at first BT blamed my aerial which I had checked out and it was fine.  Then I had to have powerline adaptors which only worked for a week or so.  A few days before Christmas 2017 a Bt engineer came out and fitted an ethernet cable from my You View box to the router.  My room is well over twenty foot long and the TV is in one end of the room and the router three parts of the way down the other end so the ethernet cable goes along the front wall and along the skirting on the side wall and there is not a lot of slack in the cable!

At first the problems started with BT Sport but BT always had an excuse.  In recent months the problems mostly with catch up have escalated.  I am getting now that I don't need to go into the help section as I have done it so many times I know it off by heart!  Most of the time when I do contact them they talk me through it and it is usually resolved,  It is so frustrating that I am constantly having to reset or check the setting, terms and conditions or even retune the channels. Surely I should be able to turn on my TV and watch a programme on catch up if it is available.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Niucla97 Thanks for posting back and we will be happy to look into this problem further for you.

I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. check here
https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@Niucla97 Thanks for sending in your details, I see the TV team have been in touch and there is a clear plan to get this investigated for you. Post back to let us know how the visit goes next week as hopefully the engineer will be able to resolve these problems for you If at that stage any further help is needed I'll be happy to take over on the case.

0 Ratings
Niucla97
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

I am sorry but I think BT are just fobbing me off.  They sent out an engineer who sid that my aerial strength was too strong- very strange that my original problems were caused by my aerial!! I also needed a new remote.  

The engineer told me that there was a chance of the box going on fire if the aerial strength continued.  Aerial man said he had never heard such nonsense.

I was tol by by BT to contact gmb@iyv.co.uk  who told me that BT were simply passing the book.  

Since the visit by the engineer BT have done two follow up calls.  They go through the motion check broadband connection etc reset box ( then I have to sign in again to watch some programmes. ) The latest call from BT told me to contact Freeview that it is their problem.  Liam from Freeview says that if my   normal TV is okay then the problems are with catchu[ which  is a BT problem possibly withthe equipment e.g I went to watch The Chase on catch up last night I had a picture of the four contestants and sound!!

If it wasn't for BT Sport for my granddaughter I would get rid!

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Niucla97,

Apologies for the service you have recevied.

I've followed up with some teams internally regarding actions which need to be taken to fix your service.

Thanks

Gavin

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@Niucla97 I called there but missed you, I wanted to check to see if you seen any improvement with your TV service? The fault is still with the TV team so I've also messaged them asking for an update on the changes they've made to the broadband stability options.

0 Ratings
Niucla97
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry I missed your call (house sitting for my son who only lives a mile or so up the road but mobile reception can be zilch!-they also get snail pace broadband as they are a long way from the exchange (can't even have a smart meter fit!)

I received both items yesterday and have installed them.  Which was a good job really as when I switched the TV on earlier in the day the remote was working sbut nothing happened on screen.  I had to unplug the box,

Last night I had no problems whatso ever - fingers crossed.  No interrupted viewing.

I can't thank you enough for your help.  Just to have someone that listened and understood.  If I complained about broadband I usually got told it was my equipment and everything was fine at their end!!

No doubt I will speak with you again

Thanks again 

Patricia

0 Ratings