cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

controlers

has anyone have any idea how I can stop my freesat controler and my bt tv controler working together. I can't turn one off without turning the other off and vice versa. If I set recordings on one it sets a completely different one on the other without me knowing as I am not watching on that device. I have to go through some as yet unknown rutine of switching between tv ,freesat, bttv in an on off merry go round to switch everything off at night. I know it must be a simple answere but my old brain can not fathom it. Bothe bt and freesat are new. Many thanks. Kim.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: controlers

The BT Tv (Youview) boxes are produced by Humax and use the standard Humax remote code. It is not possible to change that code.

If the FreeSat box is  a Humax one it is very likrly that you can channge the remote code for that device.

The Humax remote controls clashing is very easy to overcome. You just change the instruction set that the Freesat box uses.

1. Switch on your TV set and the Humax product  (ie the FreeSat box) that you wish to change the remote code.
2. Make sure that the other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
3. Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
4. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds until the PVR button on the remote stays red.
5. You might see a message will appear on the TV screen:

"You can change the remote control mode.
Press a Numeric Key ( ~ ) to select the mode
Current mode: Mode 1."

6. Press a NUMERIC button (from 2 to 6) to select a different mode.
7. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: controlers

Sorry took so lon to reply. After trying your sugestion, no joy, I have just got off the phone to freesat and their new 4k boxes have not got the software to seperate the controler. Is it possible to seperate the bt controler? the same way as you have sugested. My freesat box is made by ARRIS. Many thanks. Kim.

0 Ratings