cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 1 of 22

error btv-162

I am trying to watch season 2 of criminal minds, episode 1 plays fine ep 2 and 3 I get error code btv-162
0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 22

Re: error btv-162

Hi Patrick-Bateman,

Are you still having this problem or are you now able to watch these two episodes?

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Hi Thanks for your reply, yes I am still having problems??

0 Ratings
lconnelll
Message 4 of 22

I too am having the exact same problem with these episodes.

And with episode 22 of 2 Broke Girls Season 1.

We are new customers and pretty disappointed that this has happened on 3 episodes in only a couple months worth of viewing...

Lindsay.

0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 5 of 22

It's becoming very frustrating, I phone tech support, and they ask me to reboot youview switch of my router, which does not work. They don't seam to understand that other episodes are working, and these are not. They seam to think its my equipment that's faulty..?? Being an openreach bt engineer, I am disappointed by the lack of resolve. The same thing happened with 2 episodes of Fringe, that was never resolved either.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 22

Could you send us your details and we'll look into this?

You can find our contact link by clicking on my username.

Cheers,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Hylt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Hi There,

Sorry to jump in to this thread, but has anybody solved this problem?

I've been suffering with this for months, BTV162, BTV175, Ciminal Minds series 2 episope 2, 3.

Have trouble getting to the end of films as well, tried watching There will be blood, stopped with BTV162 after 30 minutes.

Have had 2 engineers out and spoke to 2 guys on the phone, last one said they were going to stableize my telephone line, but I've not noticed any improvment at all.

If anybody has any answrs that would be great as I'm now very much regretting having BT vision!

Hylt

0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 8 of 22

I am still having the same problem, I don't think its your broadband speed, as I am on Fiber & I am getting the same error, another shows & films work fine,Even steaming HD. I think its a libary server error....I cant belive it takes so long to fix this clitch????

0 Ratings
Hylt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Hi There,

Thank you for your reply. I don't feel so isolated now I now other BT customers are having the exact same problems as myself.

It's a really, really bad show by BT to let this effect so many BT Vision customers without fixing the problem.

I'm on Infinity and my broadband speed has always been high enough for streaming, apart from a few weeks back when it dropped to an all time low for a few nights.

I'll ring the Vision team again tomorrow and tell them mine isn't and isolated problem and needs to be fixed or I want the contract cancelled and my money back. The service hasn't exactly been an on demand service so the have no good reason to allow me to cancel.

I'll report back here with what I've been told.

Regards

Hylt

0 Ratings
Rochester
Message 10 of 22

Hello

Started with the service on the 8th and today (10th) i've got it too, exactly the same issues as reported here with Series 2 of Criminal Minds episodes 2 & 3.

Not tried any films or infact watched that much TV so we'll have to wait and see what comes up.

I'll keep and eye on here and see if BT offer a solution else I'll be calling them and having a natter.

0 Ratings