cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: error btv-162

Now getting error code btv-169 on season 4 of castle episode 12.......oh dear.
0 Ratings
Hylt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Yes, I've had BTV170, BTV175, BTV160 and BTV162 on different programs and films.

At least my BT vision is working after 7:00pm on weekdays again even if the sound drops out for several seconds every so often and the picture goes all blocky 3 to 4 times during a program.

Surely somebody at BT has got to get a handle on this problem as it seems to be a nationwide problem. My daughter has Talk Talk TV running on 6mb normal broadband and it works perfect with no errors! You'd think BT would be embarrassed with the state of their offering.....Obviously not!

Hope somebody from BT reads this post and pulls their finger out to help all those suffering a very poor service.

Regards

Hylt

0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 13 of 22

I have logged both faulty error codes with BT Vision TEC help-They are aware of the issue. Its on there message boards & they are escalating up the chain of command to get this resolved, hopefully soon.....Man Frustrated

0 Ratings
Hylt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

I'm just about to ring them and tell them I'm still having this issue and that it seems that I'm far from the only person suffering from it.
Will keep you up to date as to progress.

Regards

Hylt
0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 15 of 22

Error 169 now fixed castle season 4 episode 9 working. I shall now check criminal minds.
0 Ratings
potter_al
Message 16 of 22

Cheers for the heads up on Castle S4 Ep 9. Up until recently it had been part of my daily routine to forlornly check to see if it was viewable but had eventually given up these past few days. Just watched it with no problems.
0 Ratings
Hylt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

We we've just managed to watch our BT Vision box on a Friday evening without it ceasing to work after about 7:00pm for the first time ever!!

We still did suffer from picture break-up quiet a few times and sound drop out a few times during each program.

The worst thing that happened was during one program we got approx 20 minutes in to the program and it suddenly returned to the shows menu page. We restarted the program and it started again from the start which meant we had to FF to find where we got up to. This happens a lot to us and it's really, really annoying and something that needs fixing ASAP.

Tonight and tomorrow (Sat and Sun) will be the big test as we've never been able to watch BT Vision weekend evenings which is what we subscribe for. So if it works and they get all the problem glitches sorted it will indeed become a useful On Demand service and not the On When It Feels Like It service.

Will keep everyone posted.

Regards

Hylt
0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

I understand your on fibre now, it should not play up at 7pm. You may have REIN affecting your broadband. Look it up on Google.
0 Ratings
Hylt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Well for the first time we've been able to watch BT Vision on a Saturday night, watched 4 Criminal Minds and a film!

We still get the occasional picture break up and sound drop, but the worst problem is the dropping out to the menu which appears when a program has finished.

It happened twice while watching Criminal Minds and twice during the film. If BT can sort these problems then we have a decent On Demand system.......at last!

Will speak to them tomorrow and let you know what they say.

Regards

Hylt

0 Ratings
Patrick-Bateman
Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Finally we can now watch season 2 episode 2 of criminal minds, No error codes popped up.....YEA

0 Ratings