cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sueg18
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

help! my UView box keeps freezing when I change progammes I have rebooted nearly every other day

I am sick of rebooting and having to waiting for 5 minutes before I can watch TV again! I have now rebooted to factory settings and if this doesnt work Im thinking of cancelling my contract,

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: help! my UView box keeps freezing when I change progammes I have rebooted nearly every other day

@sueg18 thats not good.

Do you know which Youview box you have  and how long roughly has it been performing like that ?

0 Ratings
sueg18
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Re: help! my UView box keeps freezing when I change progammes I have rebooted nearly every other day

Humax DTRT 10000 three to four weeks

0 Ratings
sueg18
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

It has been happening for three to four weeks and Im sick of it I keep missing important viewing! It also freezes when I go onto my tv.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

I think that's actually a T1000 , too many zeroes.

If that's the case then these are old units & some of the components seem to be life limited - usually the capacitors and show their failure in the way you describe.

If you're in contract & that's how it's behaving then call BT & ask for a replacement, shouldn't be a problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Hi @sueg18 thanks for clarifying .

As @TimCurtis says it ought to be relatively straightforward to request a newer Youview box.

It is possible that your Factory Reset may have cleared whatever was causing the issue on channel change.

If your Youview box was hardware failing I would  expect it to exhibit other issues in addition to the freezing on a specific channel change.

There are less destructive resets of the Youview box called maintenance modes which in an ideal world support could  have encouraged you to perform before a full Factory Reset that provide options to preserve any existing recordings you have on the Youview box.

Personally I would be inclined to look to obtain a newer box model  which would have the benefits of a faster more powerful processor which should for example have reduced start up time from power off and deep sleep . It would also benefit from new features/players that might not be introduced on the old T1000 boxes.

0 Ratings
tramdev
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I am having similar problem with my T1000. Happens on changing channel or as last night on selecting a recording to view. As it was recording 2 programmes at the time I did not do anything till after the recordings should have finished and then switched off at back. I was pleased to find that the recordings had both completed despite the lock up.

I am out of contract and likely to move house before long so am not sure what to do about replacement.

0 Ratings
sueg18
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

How do I go about a replacement? Do I contact Bt  and ask for one or do I have to buy one independant? H I tried the reboot keeping the the recorded problems 1st thats why I ended up having to Factory reset.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

@sueg18wrote:

How do I go about a replacement? Do I contact Bt  and ask for one or do I have to buy one independant? H I tried the reboot keeping the the recorded problems 1st thats why I ended up having to Factory reset.

I've done it by BT's online chat in the past when I've wanted a replacement unit.

0 Ratings