Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leerich1999
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

humax box freezes every few weeks

I have had my you view box for over 5 years now,

it  keeps freezing up and needs a full reset every few weeks, the device takes excessive time to turn on at times, then it suffers from slow responding button presses on the remote control.

ive just upgraded to full fibre broadband and thought maybe that would help but its still a pain.

what can i do?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: humax box freezes every few weeks

You've done well to have lasted this long @leerich1999. YouView stopped supporting the 1st generation boxes (of which your T100 is one of them) in March this year, as they're just too slow to be useful anymore.

You'd need to take out a BT TV subscription to be eligible to get a newer box from BT. As a BT Employee, you'll need to check out the Employee Products page on the intranet to see what options are available to you.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 3 of 5

@leerich1999 

Or if you don't want subscription channels take the cheaper option of a T2100 or T4000 off of ebay etc.

0 Ratings
leerich1999
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

So there is no way of getting a new box that is upto the job from BT themselves?

its a joke, the recommended fix is to fully reset the box which i have done in the past but then it deletes any recordings you may have which then renders the box pointless to own as you cant use it for its purpose.

cant even see an option on the website to log it as a fault

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@leerich1999wrote:

So there is no way of getting a new box that is upto the job from BT themselves?

its a joke, the recommended fix is to fully reset the box which i have done in the past but then it deletes any recordings you may have which then renders the box pointless to own as you cant use it for its purpose.

cant even see an option on the website to log it as a fault

If you read the response from @DarrenDev it tells you how to get a new box so follow those guidelines or if you're in a contract just call the faults team

0 Ratings