Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

iPlayer UHD

Hi all

Just realised the BBC Iplayer on the 4k youview box has the beta version with UHD. 

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of the new David Attenborough program Seven Worlds One Planet and must say its absolutely stunning! Crystal clear picture and zero buffering or, from what I could tell, no dynamic resolution changes either.

Top job Youview for supporting the player and to the BBC for the program! 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: iPlayer UHD

Yes they were late to the party but the finals of Wimbledon were shown in 4k via the Youview iPlayer, unfortunately though it is SDR only as the box can't do HLG, so sadly I have to revert to the app on my TV to get the full experience. 

Still it is good to see them squeezing all they can out of the existing box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I've only recently come back to BTTV so this is the first I have seen... I understand its not as good as it could be due to the HLG but Samsung never supported their 2016 tvs which is what I have so I don't even get 4k on my 4k TV via the inbuilt apps! So even without HLG I'm happy 👍 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 4

i had a quick look at this last night and was staggered by how good the picture quality was... I can only imagine how much better it'll look when we get the HDR box next year...  The UHD quality was so much better than anything i've seen on Amazon or Netflix.

0 Ratings