Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

iPlayer buffering on YouView

Go to solution

So what happened?   

I'm having  problems with buffering and losing internet connection on bbc iplayer through the BT youview box.   Pc doesn't lose connection at same time.   So it isn't really the internet connection.  I've switched everything off/on etc -  no improvement.   Got fibre broadband.   

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES
Message 2 of 13

Re: iPlayer buffering on YouView

Go to solution

Hi @jennifer328 Sorry you are experiencing a problem watching the Iplayer.

When you switched off everything did you follow this process?

Wait for ten seconds and then reconnect the Hub.
When you have a solid broadband light on your Hub, reconnect your Powerline Adapters, if you use them, then wait 10 second.

Reconnect the set top box to the power supply.

Now retry the Iplayer.

Post back and let me know.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Granger3
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

The problems I experienced were also specifically with BBC iplayer when using the YouView box. BBC iplayer worked fine on my lapptop, and when viewed directly on my smart TV. The problems of buffering did not occur with any other player - just BBC iplayer. I received great support from BT through this forum and the problem was eventually resolved by replacing the BT HomeHub 4 by HomeHub 6. Since then I have not had any problems. 

0 Ratings
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

That's interesting Granger 3.   Those problems are what I'm having.  I'll have a word with BT.  

However a very quick google brings this up  https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/BT-Home-Hub-6-Wireless-Issues/td-p/1724466/page/...

0 Ratings
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for reply and advice,  JohnC2 

Followed your process and started watching War Time Farm on bbc iplayer with high hopes. 

Oh dear - 15 mins in  '  there has been a problem, can't connect to internet, players unavailable, error yvm104.     Turned off re-started, 45 mins in, same thing.   Turned off re-started, 48 mins in same thing. 

It really is painful trying to watch the iplayers.       

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @jennifer328 Sorry that this didn't fix the issue for you.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
jennifer328
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hello JohnC2 - 

someone very helpful phoned.   I received a long cable to connect to the router and box, and new powerline adaptors.    So far I've used only the adaptors and (fingers crossed) have watched several hours, and NO buffering!  Smiley Happy  It would seem to have been a mismatch between the hub6 and the old powerline adaptors.   

Hopefully it is a fix.     

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @jennifer328 Thanks for the update and I'll check back with you tomorrow.

cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

I keep having issues with BBC iPlayer.  Can be fifteen twenty minutes in then suddenly I get the buffering circle followed by the oops something has gone wrong, message etc.

I immediately move to Chromecast - no issues whatsoever.  I am using TP powerline products.  No issue with the other BT Youview players, just BBC.

TBH this issues has been going on for so long I now use Chromecast instead of the Youview iPlayer app.  I am using BT HH5. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @jennifer328 Thanks for taking my call a few days ago and good to hear that all is still working OK with the new powerline adaptors and lead.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”