Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desirodave
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: iPlayer buffering on YouView

Go to solution

Hi - Im new to the forums and a search of my BBC iplayer problems found this thread.

I have an original BT Youview box - connected Via the BT powerline adapters 

And like others I only ever have issues with BBC Iplayer - we get so far in and suddenly "buffering" then "something went wrong"

All other players work fine - I LOVE UKTV Play - no issues - All 4 again no issues.

We longer use the BT Youview box for BBC iplayer and cast directly from my mbl to the TV - no buffering problems

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

@desirodavewrote:

Hi - Im new to the forums and a search of my BBC iplayer problems found this thread.

I have an original BT Youview box - connected Via the BT powerline adapters 

And like others I only ever have issues with BBC Iplayer - we get so far in and suddenly "buffering" then "something went wrong"

All other players work fine - I LOVE UKTV Play - no issues - All 4 again no issues.

We longer use the BT Youview box for BBC iplayer and cast directly from my mbl to the TV - no buffering problems

You're better off not using the BT Youview box as it's been an issue for quite some time looking at the posts history and nothing ever gets sorted.

BT do have a penchant for shooting themselves in the foot with their TV service i.e. slow to react/just don't bother, and slow to add/re-add missing features.

Since I have purchased a new TV with WebOS I rarely use my Youview box now for anything other than recording programmes.  The players/apps on the TV are far quicker and much slicker.   

I shall certainly be reviewing my options when the contract ends at the end of this year. 

0 Ratings
Nisbecki
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

We are having exactly the same problem, only seems to effect iplayer, buffering circle appears after approx 15mins, then the iplayer app crashes. Really not happy as the kids use iplayer a lot.

0 Ratings
ByeToSky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
Do the Bt power line adapters cross ring mains? Are you able to measure the speed on the power line link? I am assuming the TV that works fine is via Wi-Fi?
0 Ratings