cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

infinity 1 and 2

When we took out our package we took out BTTV and infinity 2, presume infinity 2 was taken out due to the tv and speed?

I can only see a difference in speed between 1 and 2, When the TV expires later this year we will not be renewing it and so wondered if infinity 1 would be okay to have, as the speeds are only guaranteed for wired devices I understand?

We have a good deal with the infinity 2 at the moment but maybe infinity 1 would suffice?

Any assistance appreciated?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: infinity 1 and 2

How big is your household? If its 4 or more and you know it will be used simultaneously for heavy t.v. watching, online streaming, online gaming etc then infinity 2 would be best.

If your in a household of 3 or less and wont be making heavy use of internet at same time then infinity 1 is more than sufficient especially now its up to 52 meg
0 Ratings
Highlighted
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Thanks only two of us clearly infinity 1 would be sufficient, my current infinity 2 is for 18 months taken out in APril, a good deal and a free smart hub so after 18 months could then go to infinity 1.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

If you put your phone number into http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ you might even find that your line isn't even fast enough to support the Infinity 2 speeds as Infinity 1 now gives 'up to' 52 Mbps but as you are locked in for 18 months and you are happy with your existing deal.. :-)

0 Ratings