Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmacass
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

ipc6023

Hi

I'm another one getting the IPC6023 error message when trying to watch the internet channels. None of them work, occasionally the picture flashes up for a second of two, then freezez, then the screen goes black and the error message pops up.

We use a powerline adapter to connect to the router and I know the internet connection is OK as we can watch iplayer etc. through the box.

We have BT Infinity 2 and Entertainment Plus. Its been like this since early November (only just getting round to doing something about it as I'm starting to run out of my recorded programs to watch!).

Are you able to help please.

Thanks

Emma

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: ipc6023

Hi @emmacass

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry you're seeing the IPC6023 error message on your BT TV service.  Have you had a look at our help pages here?  - IPC error codes on Youview

Post back and let me know how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
emmacass
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Hi Robbie

Thanks for the reply - yes been through that and it is still giving the error.

Emma

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Hey @emmacass

Thanks for posting back to confirm that you've been through the self help steps and they didn't help resolve the problem.

Send us over your details and we will give you a hand with this from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
emmacass
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

thanks  -done

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 15

Would I be right in thinking you have the BT HomeHub 5?

To cut a longish story short I used to get this error occasionally when I had a HomeHub 5, it stopped when I upgraded to the HomeHub 6 but came back again when my HH6 went faulty and I reverted to my HH5 temporarily whilst waiting for BT to send me a replacement. I am now back to using the HH6 and everything is fine.

0 Ratings
emmacass
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Yup I think we are HomeHub 5 (we got it last summer). The channels came back briefly on Sunday but by Sunday night had gone again - not seen since!! 

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 15

You could ask BT to replace your Homehub or alternatively purchase a decent router **Edited by Mod**

0 Ratings
emmacass
Beginner
Message 9 of 15

Thanks - I think a fault is going to be raised now they've gone again - food for thought about the homehub though, certainly will think about a new one
0 Ratings
Hookie
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Hi we are also having issues with IPC6023 iyt affects the channels and when we are watching Netflix.

We have homehub 6 and are using the latest BT adapters to connect to the Hub.

This seems daft, but when the central heating pump starts it kicks out the internet? is there anyway we can change the frequency or settings to avoid this?

Welcome any positive suggestions

Tags (1)
0 Ratings