Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
boyracerfred
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

is it worth moving to Youview+

After years, yes years, of frustration with Vision, incl 2 box swapouts, at least 20 unwarned boots in the middle of watching something, and countless issues with bugs, I have reached a point of abandoning it.

Do I switch to Youview+,  or put myself into Virgin's hands, or worse that evil Sky lot.?

I have a separate PVR on another tv, simply because failures with Vision got so annoying. I also have a dish and Freesat.

Pros and Cons in sticking with BT?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Dode
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: is it worth moving to Youview+

I had the old Silver Vision box and it worked great. They gave me the old style Youview+ box to replace it and it's been fine. Would Virgin or Sky be any better? I doubt it!

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 3 of 10

Im mostly happy with the Youview serice and find as the box is made by Humax its a its good.

Darren

0 Ratings
jrwaters
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

since i have had youview and netflix my computer usage has gone mad ,even though i dont watch netflix on line 

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

Netflix is a streaming service, you can ONLY watch it on line. Also with any BT TV subscription any YouView data allowance is exempt from your usage.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 10

I came back to BTTV with the new G4 box
Fabulous difference - great box

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

I only use the BT Youview box for BT Sport and Netflix. The picture quality using Infinity is very good. I switched from a black Vision Box, the Youview box is far superior though I have had to have a replacement due to the original locking up. I use Freesat too for general TV viewing.
0 Ratings
boyracerfred
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

I have a black box, my 3rd, and issues count is staggering. Are any of you saying that Youview is much more reliable? I have approx 36mb Infinity b/band. I will want to keep Sky Sports 1& 2 but not bothered about Discovery, Netflix or on demand movies.    So it comes down to RELIABILITY, recording & Sky Sp 1 & 2.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

I gave up in BTTV because of the black box.
I have now returned with a new G4 box.
Chalk and cheese new box works like a dream and I can't recommend it highly enough

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
clarkac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

I switched from BT Vision to Youview after similar problems and am very glad I switched.  I have an intermittent lip sync problem on Youview but that's the only problem I've found so far.   Which by comparison with BT Vision is paradise!

0 Ratings