cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

itv Hub via BT YouView - watch live or from the start options

I have a BT YouView box. Via this, BBC offers the option to watch live or from the beginning (if programme has already started) via  its iplayer; Can I do the same with itv Hub? I don't event get the option to watch live via the Hub.  I can watch live  on my Mac Air but not from the beginning, so I aaaume latter is not possible at all. I have a digital ariel. Grateful for any assistance.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: itv Hub via BT YouView - watch live or from the start options

@Kate11 

Are you a BT Broadband customer with a BT TV contract?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Yes I am, with the latest Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

@Kate11 wrote:

Yes I am, with the latest Hub.

Thanks, just checking, as some people just have a YouView retail box.

I have never used the ITV hub myself, but I think you have to make sure that you have the correct ITV region selected, during the initial setup, but there are plenty of BT TV expert on this forum who should give more advice.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Thank you @Keith_Beddoe I will have more time on Tuesday to "fiddle" some more. I 've never disconeccted and reconnected the YouView Box, or seen how, without the box, my old Freeview TV works now. And I'll check the Forum futher. YouView software should be up to date...

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

@Kate11 some of the ITV Hub features are hidden behind a paywall. Apple probably have a financial arrangement in place with ITV because of the hub being on AppleTV but Youview is an open source product offering free catch-up across iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4 and MyFive. The latter three all have enhanced features on other pay TV platforms because of commercial agreements with the hosts.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Your question and the answers you received has just come up in my emails  today .Did you ever get this sorted out on your Youview BT Box please and out of curiousity  how . There are quite a few people having problems with ITV Hub through BT  Youview at the moment and BT say ITV's Fault  including an engineer call out  to my home as well and ITV  say BT 's Box they have a problem .  I was told by BT to contact ITV again which I have done and its like table tennis back and forth at the moment .  Fed up with it . Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @SandyS 

the issue raised in this thread relates to the availability of the live channel stream on the ITV Hub which is not provided by ITV  on the ITV Hub apps on Youview box. ITV currently provides On Demand/Catch Up content  in the Youview ITV Hub player. 

Without knowing what issues you are experiencing with ITV Hub it difficult to be specific .

If the ITV Hub app launches and you get the (ITV Hub) Home Screen on your BT TV box then if the BT Box freezes or restarts then  it might be a BT a issue.  However if you experiencing an issue with  navigation within the ITV Hub  or with the playback of the adverts or the programme you are watching then is probably an ITV issue. Those seem to be the most commonly discussed issues on forums.

If the ITV Hub app  repeatedly doesn’t launch to the home page (and other apps are working normally on your box) or immediately after launching  it returns to a live channel then it is possible that the ITV Hub App will need reinstalling which would require a maintenance mode reset on your BT TV box. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Also worth noting that ITV are not interested at this point in improving or rolling out new features on any platform for ITV Hub as it is about to be replaced by ITVX.

As that is a completely new platform redesigned from the ground up, it may come with new features that are available more widely. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Thank you for your help . BT say ITV and ITV say BT so while this is going on nothing will get fixed as no one will accept the responsibility of it so what are we  the actual customers supposed to do ?

0 Ratings