cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

lost channels

Overnight all my channels in the youview 300 range have disappeared! How do I get them back?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: lost channels

Hi @billhopkinson, I'm sorry to see that, are you getting any error messages? Those channels are supplied over your broadband, are you using broadband extenders or a direct ethernet connection from the Hub to your BT TV box?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

It is a direct ethernet connection

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

@billhopkinson are you getting any error messages or codes?

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

There's been a software update overnight so check that you are running the latest version.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

When I switched on this morning the BT TV box was frozen - unresponsive to the remote. This has happened many times and an agent took me through a soft reset which cured the problem for a few days but then recurred.

As usual I disconnected from the power. reconnected after 10 seconds, and eventually it said it needed a software reboot, which I confirmed, but after two minutes it was clear it had just switched off, so I switched on again, and back to the software reboot page and this time it went through the process and that is when I found I no longer had broadband channels.

Broadband is working at normal speed. I suspect the box is faulty.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @billhopkinson Can you try a factory reset to see if that helps? Make sure you choose the option to keep your recordings. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

I have factory reset three times in the last four weeks, so not confident in that as a solution.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

However, I just went into settings and did a software update even though it said it was last done yesterday, and that fixed the problem, broadband channels restored.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@billhopkinson I'm glad that worked, you know where we are should you encounter any further problems. 

0 Ratings