Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackson105
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

mini connectors

Go to solution

Hi new to forums so be gentle with me!. My question is i have fitted two BT mini connectors to run my BT TV box all working great. i can see that thare are two Ethernet sockets on each plugin connector is it possible to use the spare socket on the tv box end to connect another device?.

Thanks jack. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: mini connectors

Go to solution

Yes, of course you can Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
jackson105
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
thanks for message do i need to connect the router end spare port on mini connector to router as well.
0 Ratings
Zombie
Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@jackson105 wrote:
thanks for message do i need to connect the router end spare port on mini connector to router as well.

Hi @jackson105 no that's not necessary,  the mini connector nearest to the hub just needs one ethernet cable, the other connector you use for bt tv just use an extra ethernet cable on that connector to your tv or another device. That's what I do they work a treat. 

0 Ratings
jackson105
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

hi connected tablet into spare port on TV Box end mini connector and yes it does work but the upload speed is 5.1 but the download speed is 0.7mbs. on wireless these speeds are 5.1 upload and 7.1 download any suggestions please. my desk top which is ethernet 5.7 upload and 41.33 download.

thanks. 

0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Are the two ends (router end and TV end) on different ring main circuits? (e.g. router downstairs, TV upstairs).

Have you plugged either mini connector into a power extension strip? (Some strips have protection circuitry that effectively kills networking over the power lines).

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
jackson105
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi no both mini connectors downstairs but at opposite ends of house but pluged directly into wall sockets.

will check if there is more than one ring circuit in morning.

Thanks for reply hope i can now get to bottom of problem?  

0 Ratings
jackson105
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
just to add checked rings and they are both on same ring main?
0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
I created an additional socket in my kitchen taking a spur off an existing socket in the room. This new socket I've found powerline adapters just don't function properly while the rest of the house is fine. Any chance you've got somthing similar?
0 Ratings
jackson105
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
hi its possible as the house is timber framed and all wiring goes up into ceiling and the around house and the up and down to every socket so anything possible, so have purchased a long ethernet cable and going to run that.
thanks
0 Ratings