cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

multi room

Go to solution

I have Sky multi room - this means I have two separate  boxes in different rooms. My husband can watch motor racing in one room while I watch something different in the other. They can be set to live viewing with different channels on each box.  Is BT multi room the same. The reason for my query is that Sky are changing their channels in September. 

Sky One’s 106 slot will be filled by Sky Showcase, which will air shows from across Sky Witness, Sky Documentaries, Sky Crime, Sky Nature, Sky Arts, Sky Max, Sky Comedy, Sky History, Sky Kids, SyFy and E! as well as Sky Cinema and Sky Sports highlights.

While Sky Max, both a channel and an on-demand service, will become the new home for Sky original dramas and entertainment shows.

This will reduce the choice. If BT is going to continue having the above channels as it does at the moment I want to consider swapping over - I have BT broadband but I want completely separate boxes so I need to know if BT do this

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: multi room

Go to solution

You can either pay extra for multiroom and have a separate box in which case all of your subscription channels will be available on both boxes or, you could use a streaming stick to access the NowTV channels (live and on demand content) through the app. If you also have BT Sport, you'd also need to download that app. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

the channel changes which SKY are going to may will also affect the SKY channels on BTTV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Can you watch two different programmes at the same time on the different boxes. Can you watch two different live broadcasts at the same time
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@gill68wrote:
Can you watch two different programmes at the same time on the different boxes. Can you watch two different live broadcasts at the same time

Yes you can. BT multiroom is an additional £5 per month. But you can buy an Amazon Firestick and use that to watch Now TV and BT Sport through their standalone apps, at no extra cost........ other than the Firestick of course