cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SurreyJim
Message 1 of 4

new BT TV Box, can I attach a separate recorder?

Go to solution

I have a new BT TV Box, can I attach a separate recorder?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: new BT TV Box, can I attach a separate recorder?

Go to solution

the Youview+ box will only record onto its own hard drive so you cannot expand it by connecting external drives or other devices,

you can use other  recorders at  the same time  but they would be separately controlled devices , independent of the Youview box requiring their own input (for example aerial feed for Freeview) and  output connection ( eg HDMI /Scart) to your TV.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

You could connect the SCART output to an old VCR or HDD/DVDR but that is fiddly to deal with, having to manage mirror timers on both Youview box and recorder - been there, done that about 15 years ago before twin-tuner Freeview PVRs became available.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@gomezzwrote:

You could connect the SCART output to an old VCR or HDD/DVDR but that is fiddly to deal with, having to manage mirror timers on both Youview box and recorder - been there, done that about 15 years ago before twin-tuner Freeview PVRs became available.

I think with the latest software you can't output both HDMI & Scart, and obviously the Ultra boxes don't have Scart anyway. So setting it up to work would be even more fiddly that previously.

0 Ratings