cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

no signal !!

our yyouview box isnt working, on the tv it just says no signal

1. Turn the power on using the switch found on the back of your box. A red light should appear on the front
  2. Press and hold the down arrow button on the top of the box for 5 seconds until you see Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y:POWER) prompt. The box light will turn blue
  3. Press the YouView button on the top of the box
  4. The box should now enter maintenance mode
  5. Choose your preferred option and follow the on screen instructions

this is no good as nothing comes up on the tv screen !! also dont see the enter maintenance mode either.rang India,whyo said cant see an issue so need to send engineer out, but could cost £129 !!!! and non available until next week, thyink Im buying a now box and deducting thye amount from my bill, this is the second time this has happened. last time I was out of contract time, so they sent a new box and started contract again.thyis was 2 months ago ! seriously not happy

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: no signal !!

Welcome to this user forum.

If you are still in contract, then the YouView box will be replaced for free.

A charge would only apply if its something to do with the way you have connected thing up.

Try the  vision live chat team

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

I know, Im just frustrated that no engineer available till next week, 3 kids and no tv for a few days is not a great combination.especially when they only watch it for an hour or so after homework etc. its also frustrating I cant do the maintenance or factory reset

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

@brownhelen794 wrote:

I know, Im just frustrated that no engineer available till next week, 3 kids and no tv for a few days is not a great combination.especially when they only watch it for an hour or so after homework etc. its also frustrating I cant do the maintenance or factory reset

You could simply connect the aerial directly into the TV, and just watch the FreeView channels until the problem is sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

unfortunately not possible,as tv is on the wall, and the  ariel cable is too short to stretch that far, and surely if we dont use the box,we wouldnt gt channels from just the ariel anyway,as analogue doesnt exist anymore

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

If its only an old analogue TV then you are stuck.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

tv is about 7 years old,an lg 50 inch one, but no built in freeview unfortunately , but even if it did have built in freeview, the ariel wire still wouldnt reach 😞

0 Ratings
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Can’t believe a 7 year old tv doesn’t have digital tuner and assuming it does all you need is an extension cable with male at one end and female at the other to bypass the faulty box.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

ok I will try this, just thought if its only the ariel, you needed a box of some sort to pull in the digital signal, Im in my 50s and not great with technical stuff like this, lol 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Once you connect the tv directly to the aerial you may have to go to the menu and retune it.....hope this works for you!

0 Ratings