cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

playback on youview recorder box

I have 2 youview recorder boxes and they both have the same `fault`.If i am watching a recorded program and don`t finish it straight away and turn the box off when i come back later to continue watching the program it has jumped forward 3 or 4 minutes . Does anybody know of a way to stop this or is it a general fault with all boxes/ Any advice would be welcome!!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: playback on youview recorder box

How are you stopping the recording playback ? 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9

@ffreddwrote:

...........If i am watching a recorded program and don`t finish it straight away and turn the box off.................

When you say "turn the box off" do you mean by the switch on the box, putting it into standby or removing the power altogether?

I also have two boxes and if I don't have time to watch a recording from start to end then I firstly stop playback then put my box in to standby and I've never experienced this problem

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Hi and thanks for your reply. Sometimes i press`back` and other times the button with the white square between the record button and Fast forward.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I stop it by either pressing `back` or the button with the white square between the record button and fast forward. Then i turn the recorder off by using the on/off button on the remote !!

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

The button with the white square is the correct one to stop playback, I've never tried pressing the back button whilst viewing a recording so can't comment. Try to ensure you always use the stop button (the one with the white square) and see if that resolves your problem

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 9

@ffreddwrote:

I stop it by either pressing `back` or the button with the white square between the record button and fast forward. Then i turn the recorder off by using the on/off button on the remote !!

The on/off button on the remote doesn't switch the box off, it places it into standby. The difference being that the box still consumes power during standby (albeit a very small amount) and thus the box comes on immediately when you bring it out of standby. 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Ok thanks for your reply and it does make sense. I shall make sure that`s what i do in future. Regards
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

yeah,i understand that.It`s just the way i worded it. Thanks for taking the time to reply.Regards

0 Ratings