Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

problem with Gold HD record

Go to solution

I have had a problem with recording Gold HD since the channel came to the box at the beginning of the year. I can record but not replay it once it is recorded. An error messgae comnes up (cannot remember the code) saying cannot play, please check my internet connection, however I can record and watch every other subscription channel including Gold SD channel but it is a problem I have unique to Gold HD. This is also taking into account the other channel in HD that arrived at the same time and I can record then watch that channel. 

Is anyone one else having this problem? How can I resolve it?

I have turned the box off then back on, disconnected then reconnected to the internet, I have reset my router, I have rescanned the channels, made sure the software is up to date.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 17

Re: problem with Gold HD record

Go to solution

Hi @DazzaS83 

Can you watch Gold HD live ?

0 Ratings
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

@DazzaS83 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with Gold HD recordings, if you could post the error code we could get that looked up to see whats causing this.

0 Ratings
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Error code is IPC6041. The screen says this recording is currently unavailable check the connection between your box and router then restart the router.

I have already done this plus currently I have Open All Hours on Gold HD on my screen plus I have recorded and watxhednother subscription channels with no problem. The only issue I have is with Gold HD.

• Also I have noticed the record symbol on the screen is different to the others. The show I am recording on CNN HD I can go back and watch but the different symbol on Gold HD looks like different and even though in MyTV it is showing as recording I am not able to view it. These are the only two programmes on record and I selected Gold HD to record first.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @DazzaS83  thanks for getting back to us with that info. It's strange and I'm not sure what is going on here. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and we will look into this further with you. Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
peter1uk
Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

I am also experiencing this problem, last night i recorded Blackadder however this morning it would not play and the same message as above appears. I can actually watch Gold HD but recordings seem not to work.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @DazzaS83 thanks for sending over your details. I've came across this problem before with IPC6041 errors when trying to play back recordings and it has been resolved by doing a factory reset keep recordings option on the Youview box.  Can you give that a go and let me know if it helps.

@peter1uk If you could give that a try too and post back to let me know if it resolves the IPC6041 error?

BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

When the IPC6041 message displays, please can you select the "Help" option and let me know if this resolves your issue. 

DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

I completed the factory reset and it is now working. Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings