cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mve273
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

problem with on demand

I was able to get iplayer and other on demand channels with my original BT vision box. I was offered a new youview box and accepted. Since then on demand hasn't worked. I have spoken to BT tech online and also had a BT engineer come to the house to check my set up. I was warned beforehand that I may have to pay if I had set up the box wrongly. He confirmed I hadn't but he couldn't get on demand working either. He replaced the box with a new one from the van. That didn't work. he basically gave up then and asked me to sign a confirmation that he had been to check. I did, but nothing was solved, I had hoped to hear some more from BT but nothing has happened since. I  too had given up but I am now going to explore this further. Can anyone help? I have heard about going to "Maintenance mode" and read somewhere on the forum that that cured some defects with On demand. Unfortunately I can't find the post again  What is this "maintenance mode" and how do I do it?  Or shall I go back to my old BTvision box. I don't want to lose my recordings if possible but it wouldn't matter I suppose if the whole caboodle was sorted out for me. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: problem with on demand

Maintenance mode & other resets are described in this post

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/top_tip_soft_reset_reboot_power_cycling_maintenance_mod...

If on your remote you press

do you see all the on demand players listed ?

if you seclect a player and a programme  what error messages do you get displayed ?

Also  if you select  Youview > Settings > Terms of Use  is it showing as ACCEPTED ?

0 Ratings
mve273
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I have accepted the Terms of Use. When I press on demand all the players are showing but when I go into them they either keeps rolling forever or come up with a message that they are not available. I've tried everything they suggest online in bt other than maintenance mode. Thanks for the link
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi Mvve273,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems using the On Demand service through your YouView box. I'll be able to get this investigated. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mve273
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

My email addresswas requested by PaddyB a BT Care Community Moderator. The problem needs to be sorted via email. My email address is Edited by Mod I am looking forward to having this sorted out.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi mve273,

I've removed your email address as this is a public forum and it's best not to post personal details.  We need you to fill in the 'contact the mods' webform link with your details. You need to click on Paddyb's or my username to see the link. 

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mve273
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for that. I've now sent a reply with my email address on Contact BT. Is this the way to do it I couldn't find anything saying "contact the mederator"on Paddy's page..

0 Ratings