cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

pvr

I recently joined BT broadband and my PVR has changed from Freeview to BT vision how do I change it back without losing all my recordings

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: pvr

Not entirely sure what the question is? What PVR has changed & in what way?

Confused also by the reference to BT Vision, as that was replaced by BT TV some 10 years ago.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Do you mean perhaps you went from Aerial based Freeview reception to steamed [no aerial option]? If so any change between the two means a factory reset which will unfortunately wipe all stored recordings.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

If that is the case then you can perform a maintenance reset while still retaining recordings.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @r11 

Can i ask what PVR you have  ?

If it is a Youview box  then Youview presentation of certain displays differs depending upon the ISP (broadband)  you have it connected to.

So if Youview detects that you are connected to BT internet it will provide a BT skin which reflects the options available to you  and BT  logos.

If the Youview box is connected  to another provider  you would typically see a retail type skin that doesn't have the BT logos and would not have  BT options.

Message 6 of 9

Hi zulu17

Thank you very much for your reply my PVR is a Humax

It works ok but seems to reference the broadband more than previous and takes longer to start

If I can make the pvr work as before and just have the BT as the internet connection that would be good

If not possible then no worries and thanks again for your help

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi Zulu 17
my old Humax stopped working completely shortly after connecting to BT broadband. I bought a new Humax FVP5000T and it worked well on Freeview - query aerial - but when i tried connecting to Iplayer - query over broadband - it stopped working and had a lot of green lines on the screen. I now need to take this new PVR back to the shop. I am worried that BT is trying to add features to my PVR and messing the PVR up. I can't keep replacing PVRs
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @r11 

Sorry to hear of the issues.

With the original Youview box Youview will have detected that your box was connected to Bt broadband and provided it with a BT skin showing the channels and services that potentially (with subscriptions) be available. That said the core  box software would be the same. So whilst it may have looked different when connected to BT under the hood so to speak it should have performed the same.

With the Humax FVP5000T there is no Youview involvement so neither Youview or BT will be providing any updates to that box.  Sometimes green lines are an indication of a poor cable connection so i would suggest you check that the connections to your Humax  box and betweeen your Humax box and TV are secure and not loose. Maybe if you a spare or alternative HDMI port on your Tv try that.  Also if you  have a spare or alternative HDMI cable try using that between the Humax and the TV. Also check that you have the latest Humax software. Hopefully you have warranty and support via the shop you purchased the Humax from.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Just wondering if a VPN could be used to fool the Youview box into thinking it is not connected to BT internet?
0 Ratings