Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: "Return your youview box or you will be charged"

Go to solution

@sirjamesp wrote:

.... it would be a simple matter to amend the automated message to clarify that you only need to return the box if you are cancelling your contract before your term is up.

Which is what hopefully will happen when the moderator feeds it back.

0 Ratings
Shimmy
Beginner
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for the helpful information, I am considering ending my TV contract and the recent increase gives me the option. I have had a Vision Box for years and I now assume I can keep it? BT should make this clear to anyone who opts out of their contract. I realise this won’t happen anytime soon

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

I have a similar situation where a couple of weeks ago, I phoned BT about a possible upgrade to my broadband, which I have to add I did not go ahead with, the customer services person I spoke to went through my whole contract with me but I said leave it for now until I have decided on everything. I then received an email saying my contract had been renewed and a new 4k box was being sent out to me which I did not want. Thanks to the community people here, the said renewal was cancelled but the box was still sent as there was not enough time to cancel this, I had a bag sent to me to return the box, which I did through Parcelforce, and I can see through the tracking number I was given the box arrived back at BT Returns earlier this week and was signed for, despite this I am still receiving messages saying that I have not returned the box, maybe its just a case of it not going through the system yet, but will have to keep checking on this before getting in touch with BT again

0 Ratings
Shimmy
Beginner
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Hi Gary, You had a really poor experience and I am pleased the Community were able to help you resolve it. Let’s hope you get a positive acknowledgement about the return of the box. When I spoke to Customer Service and said I may leave because of the proposed price increase of the TV package she said if I accepted a new contract I could have it the old price. I never like this tactic, this will definitely mean I will cancel shortly.

0 Ratings
Shimmy
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution
Hi
Cancelled my BT Tv today, the guy I spoke to said because I had been a good customer I can keep the box. He did offer me a better deal but no pressure at all.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

@Shimmy wrote:
Hi
Cancelled my BT Tv today, the guy I spoke to said because I had been a good customer I can keep the box. He did offer me a better deal but no pressure at all.

If you are out of your minimum term you can keep the box whether you have been a "good" customer or not! It is yours to keep because you have paid for it during the course of your minimum term.

0 Ratings
Shimmy
Beginner
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

I did realise that but was quite happy to end that TV deal on a positive note! 

0 Ratings