Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dixonmg
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

receiving channels 225 et al

Go to solution

Not sure if this question is related to the massive Multicast thread earlier (much of which is all g(r)eek to me, I'm afraid) but I'm surprised that I still can't receive the channels 225 and upwards. I still get a message saying that I do not have a compatible Freeview HD device. I do have a BT Youview box, Infinity and HH4.

I had assumed that this problem would be solved when my Youview box was enabled for multicast, which it was on Aug 1st. I can receive the BT Sport channels fine, in HD too, and the extra multicast channels are all listed (though I haven't subscribed).

So what's different about channels 225 et al? Are there already different multicast standards out there?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: receiving channels 225 et al

Go to solution

@dixonmg wrote:

Not sure if this question is related to the massive Multicast thread earlier (much of which is all g(r)eek to me, I'm afraid) but I'm surprised that I still can't receive the channels 225 and upwards. I still get a message saying that I do not have a compatible Freeview HD device. I do have a BT Youview box, Infinity and HH4.

I had assumed that this problem would be solved when my Youview box was enabled for multicast, which it was on Aug 1st. I can receive the BT Sport channels fine, in HD too, and the extra multicast channels are all listed (though I haven't subscribed).

So what's different about channels 225 et al? Are there already different multicast standards out there?

Those are nothing to do with YouView, BT or Multicast. They're channels designed to work on internet connected Freeview boxes and use technologies not supported by YouView.

0 Ratings