Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wepxc11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

recording radio

Go to solution

Just reciently my you view + box has stopped playing recorded radio programs. When trying to play the recordings the screen goes blank after about 30 seconds and there is no sound at all.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 29

Re: recording radio

Go to solution

Hi @wepxc11 i believe what appear to be similar issues with radio recordings have been reported on the YouView Community recently.  Can you confirm which YouView box model you are using and the software version it's currently running?

0 Ratings
wepxc11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution
thanks for your reply. the model number is dtr 2100. software 31 24 0
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks for clarifying the box and version number...   if I understand  the problem correctly  you are able to set a radio programme to record , the recording appears to be recorded and appears in your My Tv Recorded list  with the expected duration and you are able to select to play. at this point the recording play silently ..ie no audio  until it reaches the end duration.

0 Ratings
wepxc11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution
that is exactly the problem
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

I've seen exactly the same several times since the latest update and I have the same box/software configuration.  Seems to happen when the box is in standby when the recording starts

Shame because recording radio is one of the few pluses YV has left

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

This may be useful, Go to radiofeeds.co.uk. They have a full list of UK radio stations, find the station you wish to listen to, press the red R button on the far right of the station selected, and set a timed recording. Your recording will be stored in the cloud waiting for you to listen to. 

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

@Hunter2660wrote:

This may be useful, Go to radiofeeds.co.uk. They have a full list of UK radio stations, find the station you wish to listen to, press the red R button on the far right of the station selected, and set a timed recording. Your recording will be stored in the cloud waiting for you to listen to. 

Ta for that

Looks like you have to pay though.  For now I'll use BBC radio player to catch up but I'd much rather YV fixed it

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

Blimey...... yes forget that. Last time I used it there was a free version. I wouldn't pay those prices.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Rodney1
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

I also have this problem, contacted BT at first I was told you can't record radio programs. When I pointed out we had been doing it for years I was given the number of their technical dept. They talked me through a factory reset but this failed to rectify the problem so it was arranged for an engineer to come out. He said he hadn't come across the problem before but changed the youview box which cured the problem. Unfortunately this only lasted 4 weeks now the same problem is back and a second new box is due to arrive today. The only problem is how long will it be before this one goes the same way. Does anybody know why this is happening?   

0 Ratings