cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jezza60
Beginner
Message 21 of 51

Re: recording radio

Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy. All I get when I stop playing the recording is, pardon me, a brief farty sound.

BT, plesae update on what the problem is and date of resolution. I'm paying for a faulty service.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 22 of 51

Re: recording radio

@Jezza60wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy. All I get when I stop playing the recording is, pardon me, a brief farty sound.

BT, plesae update on what the problem is and date of resolution. I'm paying for a faulty service.

Don't hold your breath,  BT have never ever publicly criticised YouView and since there's nothing BT can say on this that is positive about YouView or isn't likely to look like a promise YouView fail to deliver on then silence must be very tempting

I suspect in private a somewhat "not another foul up" conversation has taken place.  Well at least it should have

0 Ratings
Waddo2004
Beginner
Message 23 of 51

recording radio ( No sound )

My friend had this issue and he recorded the radio programme and came across a temp fix albeit its not right.

Start your radio recording playing , there will be no sound. Hit the power button on the remote to switch off the bt box.  

Then power up the box by pressing the power button again and hey presto, there is sound playing from the recorded radio programme...... 

Strange one and he came across it as pure luck but hopefully that will help some of you until BT release a software update to fix this bug.

All the best, hope this works for you guys !!

Jezza60
Beginner
Message 24 of 51

Re: recording radio ( No sound )

Thanks, that works. Quite remarkable.
wepxc11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 51

works for me thank you

Stevek1311
Expert
Message 26 of 51

And me too.  Thanks Waddo2004

Highlighted
Waddo2004
Beginner
Message 27 of 51

My pleasure , pleased it’s working until this issue is fixed properly
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 51

Interesting! I wonder if this works for the loss of audio after FF of an internet recording problem too?
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 51

I can confirm this tip works for radio recording over an optical connection to an AV amp.

I can also confirm it does not work for the other issue with FF and internet recordings.
0 Ratings
Rodney1
Beginner
Message 30 of 51

Having had my “Youview” box changed twice because we lost the sound on Radio recordings. It was discovered that is was the latest software upgrade that was causing the problem. So now with my third box I was able to listen to my radio recordings, but each time it is changed I lose all my recordings. So, what do “Youview” go and do? Send me the new software even though they know there is a problem with it. So now I’m back to square one. When are you going to fix this problem “Youview” ?  

0 Ratings