cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickclews
Beginner
Message 41 of 51

Re: recording radio

This problem is obviously on-going and wide spread. 

Why no written response from BT?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 42 of 51

@Rodney1 As I understand it the issue with the radio recordings sound on playback  is not a hardware failure of your YouView Box and replacing one box with a similar model will not resolve it. It will require a change of box software which Youview have recently released on the the Humax retail box.

Sorry my paging went a bit awry on my tablet so I might have replied to an older thread post.

0 Ratings
Rodney1
Beginner
Message 43 of 51

Thanks for your feedback I think it has been established the problem was caused by the software upgrade. The only way round it is to power down then back up which restores the sound on radio recordings. What we really need is a new software upgrade to cure the problem which seems incredibly slow in coming.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 44 of 51

@Rodney1wrote:

Thanks for your feedback I think it has been established the problem was caused by the software upgrade. The only way round it is to power down then back up which restores the sound on radio recordings. What we really need is a new software upgrade to cure the problem which seems incredibly slow in coming.

Well we know a fix exists (for Humax) so it looks like BT are delaying roll out until testing to their standards has been completed.  And given that the fault was introduced by a quick roll out of a fix to another problem then who can blame them?

Software testing is a pain but a necessary one.  You have to check not just that the change has had the expected results but also to a reasonably confident extent that it hasn't introduced unexpected results - as happened last time.  Would be good if BT would say more on the matter though

0 Ratings
Clueless67
Message 45 of 51

Re: recording radio ( No sound )

Thanks. This has been confusing me for weeks. Switched off BT box when recording running , with no sound, and then switched on again and sound started. Brilliant! Now able to listen to Sound of the Sixties recordings. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 46 of 51

I wonder if the loss of audio problem I had yesterday on a BT Sport programme (MotoGP) is related? In this case while audio from the optical out to my AV amp and from the SCART output to my RF transmitter both were working the audio being carried by the HDMI cable and relayed through the AV amp to my wireless headphones was not working (yes, belt, braces *and* a second belt!). Again, momentarily putting the box into standby restored audio.
0 Ratings
Message 47 of 51

Re: Radio recordings on YV

BT clearly not interested. It has been nearly 4 months

Other platforms have resolved this. BT have not and refuse to say when they will.

*Edited by Mod*

Time to move on?

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 51

Workaround works.

BT advertising should say..

We dont fix it, but there might be a workaround?

Bit wordy. have you got a better slogan for them. Or should we ask FB?

0 Ratings
aq
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 51

The BT attitiude to communication is some what ruder than a gesture with two digits. When first informed about this problem weeks ago they could have simply checked it was so and passed a message on to all TV/radio customers. Perhaps a fix might take a little time but ignoring their cutomers is simply poor service. This poor service happens to often not to be suspect now.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 51

aq - I am inclined to agre about the "ivory tower" attitude. This is not "their" problem, not at all - it is the customers problem. So what!

I take one issue with your mail, sorry. They were not informed about this "weeks" ago. It was in fact several MONTHS ago. 

Other "you view" platforms were also affected. Interestly they have had the issue resolved. As you say for BT not  a priority. Please look at my user name here.

0 Ratings