cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJ173
Message 31 of 51

Re: recording radio ( No sound )

I have just read all the issues regarding radio playback and they mirror our problems perfectly.  we have had a new box and after 4 weeks of successful recording the function has gone again.  As it's a software issue why don't BT solve it and save themselves the cost of box replacements?  I suspect it's because there's no incentive to fix it or it can't be fixed.  A real pity as I'm sure if it was a football playback issue it would be solved immediately.  We'll try the fix suggested in the previous posts - thanks in anticipation of it working.  My husband won't be thrilled as all his recordings of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy went with the old box.

BT - why haven't you responded?

0 Ratings
Chinapig
Message 32 of 51

Hey...great!!!!! This has been BUGGING me for some time..
0 Ratings
Chinapig
Message 33 of 51

Can't record radio

Thank you to that person for the quick fix of turning power button on remote...on and off whilst playing soundless radio recording.
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 51

Re: recording radio

I have this problem. Got onto BT and they sent me a new box, a Mini Box, which does not have record facilities. Got back onto them, they said sorry and sent me the correct box. I plugged in and sat and watched all the stuff they get to to watch whilst YV is loading. Tried to record radio 2, no sound on playback. In touch with BT again only to be told " It is not our fault, BBC has stopped allowing TV ( sky, bt, virgin and others) to record radio progs"

So what happens now?? await your solutions.

Thanks

Terry W.

0 Ratings
Chinapig
Message 35 of 51

This is really not good enough..suddenly we are unable to record radio on the youveiw box..
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 51

@terrythekipperwrote:

only to be told " It is not our fault, BBC has stopped allowing TV ( sky, bt, virgin and others) to record radio progs"

There is a grain of truth in this nonsense.  Some users of other Humax Freeview PVRs have reported BBC radio programmes being recording as encoded.  But this appears to be a **bleep** up as not seeing (hearing) this on my Freesat PVR.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 37 of 51

@gomezzwrote:

@terrythekipperwrote:

only to be told " It is not our fault, BBC has stopped allowing TV ( sky, bt, virgin and others) to record radio progs"

There is a grain of truth in this nonsense.  Some users of other Humax Freeview PVRs have reported BBC radio programmes being recording as encoded.  But this appears to be a **bleep** up as not seeing (hearing) this on my Freesat PVR.

yeah it's just someone in a call centre making up the first story they can to get the call ended.  Shameful

Interesting though that we've had this before (with text).  A YV software update causes a service to be fouled up and the instant reaction is to blame it on the BBC instead.  

Anyway YV were finally forced to admit on their forum that this is a software error by them that they promise will be fixed "in the next software update"

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7604611/no-sound-with-radio-recordings-tv-recording...

Of course that may mean we never get another update ever 

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 38 of 51

Looks like the fix may be imminent as YouView just rolled out the fix for what they describe as Humax retail T2000 boxes

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-retail-software-update-31-62-10#

0 Ratings
Halkynwind
Message 39 of 51

Great. Tried this out today. Works a treat. BUT why should we have to do this.?

Many thanks

Andy W

0 Ratings
Halkynwind
Message 40 of 51

Thanks very much for that. Just tried it out and it works great. But, why do we have to do this in the first place. It should be sorted by BT,  Surely? 

0 Ratings