cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greenrake
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

reset pace dit 7831/05

My old BT box has gone into update mode and even though I connected it BT obviously provide no support and the box is stuck on a ---BT vision box being updated--- and I can't do anything with it...need to recover as we have may recorded programmes still to view

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: reset pace dit 7831/05

Hi @Greenrake is this a BT Vision box that you have recently been successfully using as a SD Freeview recorder or one that has not been used for a long time ?

Greenrake
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

This was our old BT box before BT replaced it with a new model..we have been using it every day since and have many pre recorded programmes and is not connected to the Internet..now stuck trying to download update tool ..tried connecting it to the Internet to see if the tool would download but just get error messages..I think the only way this will work again is to rreset so that it doesn't boot into this update mode.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for clarifying @Greenrake

Not sure there is a resolution given that there would seem to be no facility to update the box via the internet.

Long time since I had a BT vision box but I don’t think they had a local backup image on the box itself but there maybe someone who still has a working Box that can shed some further light on that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

@Greenrake

I had an old box given to me by my eldest daughter a couple of years ago. I left it connected to the Internet before the BT Vision servers were turned off, and it did a software update, and reverted to a normal FreeView PVR. Its now in use by another family member, and it works just fine.

Now that the BT Vision servers have been turned off, that update will no longer be available, so there is nothing you can do with the box, apart from recycle it.

0 Ratings