cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

slow box

Go to solution

Just BT Tv,   the picture pixilates a lot and the box is very slow changing channels or won't change at all.   What am I supposed to do?

I've streamed tv before and never had such problems?   The internet is a good speed .

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: slow box

Go to solution

Which box do you have, the old DTRT-2110 series seem to have become very slow

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
its a new one RTIW387, and the picture pixilates a lot. I think the box is faulty.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If you haven't already, try factory resetting (not just rebooting) the box before you condemn it.

How do I reset my BT TV box? | BT Help

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I only got it 3 weeks ago,    btw how much pixilation is acceptable ?   thanks

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

You may have only just got it but it's still worth trying, if you check this forum you'll find cases where people have reset brand new gear to resolve a fault. Give it a go -you've nothing to lose.

As to how much pixilation is acceptable, there's so many variables that it's not a straight forward answer, your connection speed, the connection method from your box to your hub (ethernet cable, wi-fi, mini converter etc) can all cause problems.

Are you seeing any error messages

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

thanks for your response,  i've just done the first method of resetting the box,  will follow this up

best

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

after all that it was simply moving a wi fi disk   closer to the box that has fixed it.   

0 Ratings